Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

4g63T swap

Old 02-03-2011, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: '04 Hyundai Accent H/b "Project Decepticon"

Originally Posted by optimoprime
not to be a dick but if your on a welfare budget then a turbo car isnt the way for YOU to go fast. buy a bike and you will be much happier for far cheaper. any one on here who has a turbo car will let you know that it stays down as much as it stays running. and if nothing else do what everyone else is telling you and get a betaswapped accent if 4wheels are more your speed.

haha, yeah, i don't have a bike license. it's still just an idea, but my ultimate goal is a AWD Accent; kind of a road legal wrc version. Also, it's only an idea at this point, a future project done more as a projection of the potential i think the car has. and b/c i'm, let's face it, poor and workin with what i got. i save and customize a little at a time. bare in mind i'm still in the research phase. thanks for the comment though.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:59 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

What you're basically talking about is building this: http://autospeed.com.au/cms/article.html?&A=1776

As fun as the end result might be, it's going to cost A LOT of money. And if you notice that is a stripped tube chassis car, so no chance of passing any kind of US inspections.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by epinero
I love 4g63 swap threads (despite 3yr old thread)... but the easiest swaps I could imagine would be the the early 92-95 elantras with the 4g61 (G4CR), the 92-95 sonata with the NT 4G63 (G4CD), those are definetly just engine/ecu swaps. The X2 Excels are also drop in with the 92-95 elantra engine mounts/brackets and crossmember (which also bolt right in btw). I'd expect dash/tach and other misc wiring would be different in each car. Here's some useful mitsu engine codes and thier hyundai equivalence:

Hyundai code G4DJ = Mitsubishi code 4G15

Hyundai code G4CR = Mitsubishi code 4G61

Hyundai code G4CP = Mitsubishi code 4g63

Hyundai code G4CS = Mitsubishi code 4G64

Hyundai code G4CN = Mitsubishi code 4G67

Hyundai code G6AT = Mitsubishi code 6G72.

List below are Hyundai's commercial vehicle name, with its engine name and equivalence with Mitsubishi engine code

92-95 Elantra 4g61 G4CR

93-95 Hyundai Elantra 4g67 G4CN

90-94 Hyundai Excel 4g15 G4DJ

89-91 Hyundai Sonata 4g64 G4CS

92-95 Hyundai Sonata 4g63 G4CP

89-93 Hyundai Sonata 6g72 G6AT

90-92 Hyundai Scoupe 4g15 G4DJ

Above info sourced from :Hyundai Engine Code and Their Mitsubishi Equivalent

Oh My God dude, thanks so much for all the info you found! So considering the g4cp is the same as a 4g63, u can make the g4 engine work w/ some evo turbos? I assume; b/c the 4g had turbo versions...?
Old 02-03-2011, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Psy8ern3t1k
Oh My God dude, thanks so much for all the info you found! So considering the g4cp is the same as a 4g63, u can make the g4 engine work w/ some evo turbos? I assume; b/c the 4g had turbo versions...?

ok so, my major goal w/ info on a 4g turbo swap is the awd system. i want my accent awd. in your experience, is this possible? maybe by using a compatible rear end w/ a transfer case and compatible driveshaft? Maybe build an engine from scratch, ie., bottom end, top end, trans, etc.?
Old 02-04-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tibbi
What you're basically talking about is building this: http://autospeed.com.au/cms/article.html?&A=1776

As fun as the end result might be, it's going to cost A LOT of money. And if you notice that is a stripped tube chassis car, so no chance of passing any kind of US inspections.

I live in FL, they don't inspect cars here. Unless you get pulled over for some stupid sh*t, and i'm in2 shows so that shouldn't happen. Thanks for that great link. It pretty much outlines the project. i don't wanna push quite so many horses, i want it to be like a street wrc accent. i was thinkin 352 hp to all 4. So a full interior would help keep me from flying off the hinge. depending on the outcome of a developing situation i might put that project off in favor of another. if things go my way i'll post an update about it.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

AWD you're on your own. It can be done, but there are no actual provisions for this. If you run a driveshaft down the hump for the exhaust (relocating exhaust somewhere else, isn't really room for both) and remove the fuel tank there is physically room. The WRC Accents were AWD. It will require heavily modifying the rear suspension to do this. Probably easiest to pull the entire rear suspension/differential out of a WRX or something and modify it to work.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:36 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

I'm glad all we need up here is a cat & muffler on any swap to pass inspection :biggrin: ..I ve been thinking on this swap when my motor eats it...

I WANT!!!!!!

an old awd tib to look at....car domain
Old 02-04-2011, 08:36 PM

WOW! nice especially w/ the borg warner EFR turbo! thats almost exactly the same as what i'd go w/. i'd get one w/ a built-in BOV and wastegate
Old 02-04-2011, 10:08 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

That Tiburon is just plain sick. It's from somewhere in Thailand. Gotta find his forum again. Last time I checked he was still there.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Psy8ern3t1k please do not quote the last post in a thread; use the Fast Reply or Add Reply functions instead. We all just read it, we don't need to read it again in the next post.