Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Hyundai Genesis Forum (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-genesis-forum-54/)
-   -   How many times do you get approached about your car? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-genesis-forum-54/how-many-times-do-you-get-approached-about-your-car-70420/)

Xavier 09-17-2012 04:24 PM

How many times do you get approached about your car?

Say in a month, how many times would you guys say on average, do you get asked questions about your car from strangers? I usually get at least 1 person per week, so I guess 4 times a month. People asking what kind it is, who makes it, how much is it, etc...

wheel_of_steel 09-17-2012 07:42 PM

The only strangers that talk to me about my car are the people that hand out traffic tickets.

Stocker 09-17-2012 07:58 PM

No questions but one time I did see a girl in the passenger seat of the car to my left at a stop light ROFL when she saw the NO DIVING sticker under my driver's window.

Visionz 09-17-2012 08:08 PM

I get asked alot more since switching to all wing badges. Not a single crooked H anywhere on the cars exterior. I even have a steering wheel wing badge! :P

pas1216 09-17-2012 10:54 PM

I drive an Accent.... nobody wants to talk to my broke ass. :patpat:

OTECTom 09-18-2012 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by pas1216 (Post 668667)
I drive an Tiburon.... nobody wants to talk to my broke ass. :patpat: any more..

I used to get asked where I got that bodykit from (100% stock)

i_hate_gencoupe.com 10-03-2012 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Visionz (Post 668657)
I get asked alot more since switching to all wing badges. Not a single crooked H anywhere on the cars exterior. I even have a steering wheel wing badge! :P

This!

Where did you get your steering wheel badge?

Blumagic 10-03-2012 02:21 PM

2-10 times a week. I linger by the door when i leave the grocery store to avoid talking to some of them. I don't mind most of the time, but sometimes i really just can' t stand around and chat for 20 minutes.

if i stick to my normal schedule for work i am good, i think most people that want to ask have... but if i leave work late, or drive somewhere not on my usual route home... I would say 80% of the time someone has to ask me something.

OTECTom 10-03-2012 02:48 PM

"Hey man, nice car, is that thing red?"

HyundaiKitCoupe 10-03-2012 04:01 PM

Some old truck driver at a rest area said I drove the Batmobile.

Recently (last month) 13 year-old neighborhood kids have been saying "nice car". One of them was a girl. I didn't know how to react. Not that enlightening, but it gives me faith in the next generation :) At this point I'll take anything considering most all of D.C. area are boring 9-5 Corolla-driving commuters.

A lot of hispanic guys looking for work in front of Home Depot always stare at my car lol. Infact, one guy that lives on this street I drive through to college decided to get one just like mine, possibly after seeing me rally-driving past his house anxious to get home lol!