Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Hyundai Genesis Forum (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-genesis-forum-54/)
-   -   The 10 least reliable cars (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-genesis-forum-54/10-least-reliable-cars-75353/)

Cam_Boy 10-29-2013 05:15 PM

The 10 least reliable cars

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/the-10-l...181031192.html

Just because a model is reliable, doesn't mean it is recommended by Consumer Reports. Five out of the top 10 most reliable vehicles don't perform well enough in our tests for us to recommend them. The opposite happens as well; some vehicles that score well in our testing are not recommended because they have below average predicted reliability.

Three out of the 10 least reliable vehicles have high-enough test scores to be recommended, but their poor reliability prevents them from reaching that recommended status. So, it's important to look at performance in our tests and reliability, because a high scoring car isn't always a smart purchase choice if it isn't reliable.

Our 2013 Annual Auto Survey reveals the best and worst vehicles in new car reliability based on our subscribers' experiences with 1.1 million vehicles over the last 10 years (2004-2013). Our data provide the basis for our forecasting how the 2014 models are likely to hold up, and reveals the most dependable used cars as well.

The vehicles listed below are the 10 least reliable new cars in our reliability survey. Predicted reliability is typically based on the newest three model years if a model hasn't been redesigned in that period, Models with an asterisk (*) are based on data of one model year only.

Least reliable vehicles, listed in order of Ratings score starting with the worst score.

1. Ford C-MAX Energi (Plug-in Hybrid)*

2. Ford Escape (1.6L Ecoboost)*

3. Mini Cooper Countryman

4. Ford C-Max Hybrid

5. Nissan Pathfinder*

6. Volkswagen Beetle

7. Cadillac XTS*

8. Ford Explorer (V6, 4WD)

9. Hyundai Genesis Coupe*

10. Ford Taurus (turbo)*

Is it really not that reliable? :dunno:

majik 10-29-2013 07:15 PM

I'm guessing it's number of warranty claims. Sure, the transmission gives some people problems but I'm guessing that a large majority of warranty claims are directly related to modding.

Tibbi 10-29-2013 09:53 PM

^ That! ^

The recall doesn't help anything either. I have noticed that in the car local car communities, the Genesis is the "love to hate" car of the moment. It's encroaching on too many of the long standing FR big boys and people naturally fear that. When people tout the severely under powered Gt86 variants over the GC you know for a fact that the scales are slanted.

majik 10-30-2013 07:19 AM

What recall are you referring to?

And why did a 2013 survey use only one model year for the Genesis Coupe that's been out since 2009?? And the Pathfinder?!

Antonyr123 10-30-2013 07:50 AM

my brother had a Ford C-Max same year it came out. It as never broke down or needed any new parts other then Brake pads.

Hobgoblin 10-30-2013 07:55 AM

Funny how Ford has FIVE vehicles on the list... LoLz

wheel_of_steel 11-02-2013 08:50 PM

I'd be interested to know the... statistical mechanics behind that survey, but consumer reports generally tells it how it is. I assume they are only taking data from the 2013 model GC because that's what is relevant to new car buyers.

Anyway, *popcorn* let's hear the excuses

WytchDctr 11-02-2013 09:17 PM

Trans issues, wastegate noise that they can't seem to fix, and the 4 cyls exploding intake manifold are some of the issues I have read about from the new gencoupe guys. Mine has a slightly cranky transmission, something is pissed off in reserve, and my dmf is crap. Its also under a recall for the brake light switch. As far as feeling solid.. my HD felt more solid, but I think it just gives the car a bit more character, lol.

Visionz 11-03-2013 08:09 PM

Pretty lucky my 2010 has had zero issues but then again it has 30k or so on the clock. Still pretty new for a 4 year old car.

WytchDctr 11-03-2013 11:08 PM

You didn't get the notice in the mail about the brake light switch?