Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Elantra Coupe Pricing

Old 03-30-2012, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Elantra
Default Elantra Coupe Pricing

Is there pricing available yet for the Elantra coupe? I didnt see it and I was also wondering if anyone knew what kind of horsepower it was estimated to have. If they keep it under 20,000 and it has at least 200 horses, they'll have a winner.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:31 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

200!!!??? Forget it man. Not unless a turbo comes out. The current Elantra is still right around 140. I can't imagine the coupe will deliver anything more. Hyundai seems to be more focused on MPG's with most of their small car lineup.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

They could throw the motor in it from the sonata... that might catch my attention. Other than the derp throttle thing with the 6spd sonata that kept me from getting one.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

The new Gen Coupe is at 270 hp for the 2.0 so I could see them possibly doing 200 hp direct injection N/A for the Elantra coupe.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:45 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Elantra

If they come out with a turbo elantra coupe, I'll be really mad. My sales guy at the Hyundai dealer said theres no way Hyundai will produce it. I ended up getting my 2011 instead of waiting for the coupe but if Hyundai really does come out with a turbo elantra, I wouldve waited like alot of people.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

from what i have read, its just going to be a coupe version of the elantra.. pricing will probably be around the same, i'd assume.

specs on hyundais site for the coupe list the 148hp motor that is in the regular elantra..

my guess is that it will be a two-door sportier version of the sedan and that is about it.. power and suspension looks to remain the same or similar..

same thing with the lantra GT.. same 148hp motor..

looks like they will both basically be a coupe and a hatch version of the elantra with some small visual refinements.. kinda silly for all the build up and wait if you ask me..

most of my information is taken DIRECTLY from Hyundaiusa.com (under future cars) I was considering the lantra coupe or GT instead of a Vturbo until I saw they had the same 1.8L N/A motor.

also, they are sticking with the multi-point injection, not GDi

biggest differences I can see in the specs is the Coupe and GT are longer and a bit lower than the current sedan..

Lantra GT specs

Lantra Coupe Specs

Current Lantra Specs