Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Turbocharged X3's

Old 01-11-2010, 02:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1996 Hyundai Excel
Default Turbocharged X3's

Hey guys, I'm in the process of putting a turbo on my single cam X3 and am looking for ideas on what people have done as far as intake piping, turbo placement and what they have done for cooling fans for the radiator and a/c condensor. If anybody has engine bay pics of any turbo accent I would love to see.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97/99/00 hyundai accents

here are a couple of pictures when my x3 was turbocharged

it had a custom manifold with a dsm t25 and external tial wastegate all the intercooler piping was custom made the front mount was universal. I used a univeral slim electric fan from summit racing for the rad, mine didn't have ac but the same could work for the condenser. fuel wise mine had a 255 walboro pump, tib injectors and a begi rising rate fuel pressure reg. I used a tib maf sensor as a pull through like factory on the intake for the turbo. All half ass tuned with a apexi safc2. 6 psi is what I had the boost set to.

I have most of the parts available in the for sale section