Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Cosmo Racing CAI

Old 12-07-2009, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Accent
Default Cosmo Racing CAI

This CAI is exactly what i want but it says its only for manual.I was just wondering if it would still work and not mess anything up since i have the auto.

http://www.cosmoracing.com/productinfo.asp...194&pid=777

thanks..
Old 12-07-2009, 08:34 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Accent GSI

Since the filter drops down beside the transmission case, it's quite possible that the automatic tranny is a different shape and will get in the way of the pipe/filter. There's a chance it will still fit, but it's your $95. You could also pay an exhaust shop to bend / cut & weld the pipe to fit.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:05 PM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Accent

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (no_name @ Dec 7 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Since the filter drops down beside the transmission case, it's quite possible that the automatic tranny is a different shape and will get in the way of the pipe/filter. There's a chance it will still fit, but it's your $95. You could also pay an exhaust shop to bend / cut & weld the pipe to fit.</div>
Oh I can make it fit I was just hoping/wondering it wouldnt mess anything up you know?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

It won't mess anything up. It is an issue with not fitting because of the transmission shape.

I suggest buying a CAI for a 99 Eclipse Non-turbo off of ebay. It'll be easier to modify to fit than the 1 piece Cosmo Racing CAI.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:15 AM

Vehicle: 01 Hyundai Accent GS

I got that same CAI and i have the auto it wouldnt fit. you gotta do quite a bit of bending if you want to put it on. I just went to pep boys and bought spectre pieces and built my own.. works pretty good and was much less expensive