Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   HELP Forum (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/help-forum-21/)
-   -   PO103 and PO136 come up (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/help-forum-21/po103-po136-come-up-55964/)

Korean_Redneck 07-29-2010 08:18 PM

PO103 and PO136 come up

Here's what it says:

P0103 Mass air flow (MAF) sensor/volume air flow (VAF) sensor •?? high input Wiring short to positive, MAF/VAF sensor, ECM

P0136 Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 2, bank 1 •?? circuit malfunction Heating inoperative, wiring, HO2S, ECM Oxygen sensor (O2S) 2, bank 1 •?? circuit malfunction Wiring, O2S, ECM

I guess it's saying that I have a bad O2 sensor after the Catalytic Converter. But I'm wondering why I have another MAF sensor reading. Is it in conjunction with the PO136? I just replaced the MAF sensor 2 weeks ago. blink.gif

My isn't doing anything bad.

majik 07-29-2010 08:34 PM

you just replaced the MAFS, and now it's throwing a CEL. Probably related. Check the screen, air flow direction, obstructions

Korean_Redneck 07-29-2010 08:38 PM

Done, done and done. MAF sensor is 2 weeks ago. mmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn
nnnnnn... Oxygen sensor is over $100. Would it be cool if I got it off of a junk Elantra?

majik 07-29-2010 08:42 PM

I thought the code went away?

Korean_Redneck 07-29-2010 08:52 PM

It did, but it goes on and off. The code does get recorded if it does go off. I'm going to reset the computer to see if it goes back on.

Winston 07-29-2010 09:49 PM

I've been having an intermittent P0136 for about a month, I usually just reset the battery to clear it every week or so. But about a week ago it started throwing the code more often and my fuel efficencey dropped to about 27 mpg highway sad.gif I'm pretty sure it's the o2 sensor after the cat like you said, so got under the car and took a look at the sensor. I ended up ordering ***this*** which appears to be the right sensor. There were cheaper options like a universal 4-wire sensor too. I'll post the results when I get the sensor, probably mid next week.

Korean_Redneck 07-29-2010 11:25 PM

^^^ Thanks. I'll go to the Salvage yard and pick up a used Oxygen sensor

HyundaiKitCoupe 07-29-2010 11:44 PM

^Good idea. That's what I've learned to do to save money. It's the best possible way.

Otherwise, check the condition of the MAF sensor itself. My IAT sensor on the Elantra was filthy. I had to clean it with a brush. Try inspecting the sensor itself. Also, sometimes the wires can get rusted or punctured down there.

From experience, I'd say that any P0136 code is coming from one of the sensors. I remember DTN saying that the front sensor could make the code for the second one light up... I really don't know why it would trigger the MAF :/

HotBlue02 07-30-2010 12:10 AM

KR, did u clear the maf code after you replaced the sensor? Might have been an old code.

Korean_Redneck 07-30-2010 01:35 AM

^^Yep, I cleared the computer. These codes are new. I'm thinking the O2 Sensor also triggered the MAF or something.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Jul 30 2010, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^Good idea. That's what I've learned to do to save money. It's the best possible way.

Otherwise, check the condition of the MAF sensor itself. My IAT sensor on the Elantra was filthy. I had to clean it with a brush. Try inspecting the sensor itself. Also, sometimes the wires can get rusted or punctured down there.

From experience, I'd say that any P0136 code is coming from one of the sensors. I remember DTN saying that the front sensor could make the code for the second one light up... I really don't know why it would trigger the MAF :/</div>

When I had a MAF problem, it came out PO103. My engine was trying to stall etc etc etc. I went to the Salvage yard and got a MAF off of a low mileage Elantra. I deep cleaned it with a MAF sensor cleaner and installed it. Now my car is running like new.. and it still is. I checked out some of the forums from other cars and they all said that they need a new O2 sensor. I'm going to snagged one at the Salvage yard... the thing is friggin' $100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 BangHead.gif One guy told me to reset the computer and see if it'll do it again because sometimes computers can make mistakes.