Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Obama on Pot Legalization: “Important For It to Go Forward”.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Accent
Default Obama on Pot Legalization: “Important For It to Go Forward”.

Reasoning based in biased criminal justice system

President Obama has some pretty liberal views on the decriminalization of marijuana, and voiced his support for Colorado and Washington’s legalization of the drug in a long and wide-ranging interview in New Yorker, published Sunday.

On the two states that have legalized pot, Obama said “it’s important for it to go forward because it’s important for society not to have a situation in which a large portion of people have at one time or another broken the law and only a select few get punished.”

His reasoning: “Middle-class kids don’t get locked up for smoking pot, and poor kids do….And African-American kids and Latino kids are more likely to be poor and less likely to have the resources and the support to avoid unduly harsh penalties.”

The president hasn’t publicly made any statements about legalizing marijuana nationwide.

You can read the rest of the interview here.

There are worse things in the world than pot, so it wouldn't hurt my feelings if it was legalized. The question of the day is while the President says those things, if Congress presented a bill removing marijuana as a Schedule I substance to his desk would he sign it or would he veto it?
Old 01-19-2014, 05:12 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Not my quote, but having a law that everyone is guilty of means that the executive part of the government gains its own power to discriminate. That informs obama's comment about the black and latino kids getting locked up I guess.

Just have a bloody referendum on it and call it a day. Who cares what some old men in congress think?
Old 01-19-2014, 06:10 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

such statements from a president whose words can't hold water..barely can be given any credibility.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:16 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

It's a substance that at one time was plentiful and natural in certain places in this country. Regulate it like alcohol and tobacco, get tax money from it and call it a day. imho, a joint no more dangerous than a pint of my favorite suds or a toke from a good cigar, so why do we care? It's not equivalent to some of the man-made substances and pharmaceuticals that are available, keeping it taboo is just encouraging idiocy. Considering it's also fueling the Mexican cartel garbage that's now completely spilling into our country, I fail to see a down-side to federal regulation and taxation.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:21 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

colorados tax is 20 FRIGGIN PERCENT

i saw a story that said currently it is cheaper to get a few bumps of coke in colorado than an 1/8 of legal colorado pot ($70)

$560 for an oz means that colorado is making over $110 in taxes alone. that doesnt include tourism money thanks to dumb stoners who are willing to pay for a flight to colorado to be part of history and stuff, man.

the law aint going anywhere any time soon with that kinda tax revenue

and just for shits and grins, here is a video of nancy grace debating nancy grace on pot legalization

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHRb_t053SQ[/media]