Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

How do I figure out how much muscle I've gained in the last year?

Old 04-14-2013, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Tiburon
Default How do I figure out how much muscle I've gained in the last year?

in May of 2012 I started going to the gym 4+ times a week doing 60% weights and 40% cardio.

I've lost a ton of weight and gained noticeable muscle tone. Not to mention I lift much more weight than when I first started.

I know my starting weight, starting BMI, current weight and BMI.

What else do I need to know to figure out how many lbs of muscle i've gained?
Old 04-14-2013, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

You really need to be taking skin fold measurements. From there you can measure your bodyfat %, and from there, how much lean muscle mass you've gained. Weights alone don't indicate a whole lot.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Go back in time and do a proper (read: in a big tank of water) body composition analysis and find out how much of your self was fat, then do it again now and run the maths.

BMI is a fraud to get State actions crammed down your throat, and its use is widespread because americans are increasingly lazy and ignorant, and don't like to be touched to do a proper set of measurements.