Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Ever Wake Up and Think You See a Ghost? Here's What's Happening

Old 01-15-2015, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Accent
Default Ever Wake Up and Think You See a Ghost? Here's What's Happening

http://www.livescience.com/49457-sle...cinations.html

Cool article about sleep paralysis and how the mind tricks you into thinking there's an evil presence or something else in the room when you're having the paralysis. This has never happened to me but it would be kind of cool to feel what it's like.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:48 AM

Vehicle: 1999/hyundai/tiburon

Originally Posted by BlackAccent02
This has never happened to me but it would be kind of cool to feel what it's like.

images.png
Old 01-15-2015, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

It's not cool. I have had sinus issues since my bike wreck in '97. This has caused me to have issues sleeping. Sometimes I stop breathing at night and wake up unable to move or breathe. For the 3 or 4 seconds it lasts, it's absolutely terrifying. If I was awake when it happened, I would know, "this will only last a few seconds, don't panic". But when it happens while you're sleeping, your brain isn't aware of what's happening, so you can't reason through it. As a result, your automatic response to not being able to breathe is extreme panic. When it happens, I'm usually unable to go back to sleep for at least 30 minutes. I've never felt like there was a ghost in the room though.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:23 AM
RD1

Vehicle: 97 coupe

ive had sleep paralysis few times, 1 time i saw something on top of me sitting on me lol black haze with long hair head banging or somthing but most the times it feels like iam underwater my ears go all blocked n sh*t , other times i see spiders falling down the ceiling, it seems like a pre common problem with ppl.g
Old 01-15-2015, 01:54 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

This has happened to me once. I pretty much saw a ferocious 12ft tall bipedal werewolf about to chow down on my face. I figured it was either a dream or, in the very unlikely event, I was dead anyway so after a couple milliseconds of panic, zero f*cks set in. Paralysis wore off in seconds, and I pretty much presumed what the article says.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

^ I LOLd at the number of f*cks intentionally given in the face of a low-probability of certain death.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:57 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

At some point the brain says to itself "This is clearly not real. But in the case it is maintain bowel control, hence clean underwear, for your mothers sake. Because you know she'll ask."