Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Does anyone know anything about drug testing?

Old 06-08-2016, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon
Default Does anyone know anything about drug testing?

On Memorial Day weekend (about 10 days ago)I was with some friends camping. A couple of them are big time pot heads and had brought some weed with them. I ended up taking 4 or 5 hits from one of their water pipes. I had smoked before but it was a really really long time ago, so this was my 2nd time ever doing it. I found out today that my job is going to be implementing a test procedure where it will randomized by employee. They are doing a hair test and I guess it's going to be really strict. I think they will be starting to test next month (middle or end of July). I dont smoke normally and like I said this was my 2nd time ever doing it. I have to get my hair cut soon but I read that it stays in your hair folicles for 90s days and there is no magic detox or shampoo to remove it. I also read that people who smoke a lot have a harder time of passing versus those who do it a few times or rarely.

How screwed am I or should I have nothing to worry about since it will be around 60 days after I did it and Im not a regular smoker? I plan to obviously cut my hair, work out a lot and try to detox my body.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

You will be fine. They have to detect residual compounds above a certain level to be sure and since you don't smoke often it's likely you would pass just a day or two after smoking.

I don't smoke often and passed an unexpected UA 2 days after smoking. I didn't do anything special because I didn't know it was happening. Hair tests are a bit different but it'll still be fine.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I don't know much about tests since I don't smoke but from what I have heard from friends who do smoke, you have a 50/50 chance of your test coming out positive if it's before 90 days. The more you smoke the easier it will be for the test to be positive but even if you smoke once, it can still show up. Hair tests are hard to beat and hold results more or longer than the pee test since it becomes part of your hair. Good luck.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:14 AM

Vehicle: 2001 tib

You'll be ok. Just that one time wont be enough to show on the test. Most places only look for habitual drug users. If you're really worried though just buy one of those home tests where you send a sample of your hair to a lab and you get the results back in a couple of days.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:24 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

Pee tests are ok after a few days but I heard hair tests can show for a long time and it doesnt matter if it was once or every single day. Like ^ said, get a home test and see if you pass or fail before they test you at your job.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Does it matter? You can't unsmoke it. The test is going to be done. If you pass, great. If you don't, expensive lesson learned.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

If you're too worried cut your hair short right before the policy goes into effect.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

^^I agree. Or shave it now so that it's long enough for the test. 90 days later, you should have 3-4 inches of new growth.