Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Difference between muscle and fat?

Old 07-18-2013, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Elantra
Default Difference between muscle and fat?

I know I know you're probably thinking what the heck kind of question is this but seriously im kind of interested in this question, would a 150 lb person who is all muscle, beat a person who is 150 lb of fat in a fight? does muscle make you stronger than fat would?

versus

Old 07-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Does muscle make you stronger than fat?

Ok...muscle is the only thing that contributes to strength in any animal. All fat does is make you heavy.

Now, if a 150 pound fat person was to fall out of a 14 story window and fall on you they would do the same amount of damage as a 150 pound muscular person falling out of the same window. Except the fat person would be a bit squishier.

As far as fighting goes, if the 150 pound fatty was a ferocious bastard and tore out the eye of the 150 pound muscular guy, I guess the fatty would win. But the tendency will always favor a muscular person of the same mass as a fat person in a fight.