Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   General Performance & Hyundai Chat (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/general-performance-hyundai-chat-10/)
-   -   What plans do you have for your car this year? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/general-performance-hyundai-chat-10/what-plans-do-you-have-your-car-year-80802/)

2k1RedTib 04-06-2016 10:24 AM

What plans do you have for your car this year?

Summer is quickly approaching and it's the best time for cruising and going to carshows and meets. What do you guys have in store for your car? Anything major like turbo upgrade or new paint jobs?

JonGTR 04-06-2016 10:31 AM

I'm hoping to get the F2E conversion finished in the next couple weeks. That should be it for that car since I want to keep it clean and mostly stock.

I've been thinking heavily about the RD2 turbo build recently. I just got done organizing the garage, more-so than ever before, and got rid of a ton of crap so that I can actually see the whole car now. It got me to missing it again. Maybe if I come into some more disposable cash I'll get back on it.

Visionz 04-06-2016 10:44 AM

I'm waiting for warmer weather to hit but I still have a ton of parts to install on the Genesis. Carbon fiber engine stuff, CF roof spoiler, CF side skirt extensions, new bumper lip (which I need to paint in the garage), new FMIC with Injen piping, new Bride seats, wood trunk floor kit and that's about it.

I need to redo my garage as well. I bought a new workbench, vice, a couple of new shelving units and garage stereo that I can hook my iPod and phone up to. Plus, I have a bunch of junk I want to get rid of as well.

We're having a really strange April here in upstate NY. Snow and very very cold temps but I think it's finally going to start warming up next week to the point where I can begin doing some of my projects. The garage is heated but I need to clear it out so I have more room to do stuff also.

187sks 04-06-2016 01:30 PM

I'm seriously considering getting a 2013-2014 GC 2.0t engine and mating it to a Kia Forte Koup 6 speed and dropping that into the Accent. This engine is burning more and more oil, I don't really want to do a Beta swap so it's either the 2.0t or another 1.6l and finally installing the turbo.

Tibbi 04-06-2016 03:35 PM

Finish the interim motor and complete the swap in time for some summer shows. The summer of boost is at hand!

Finish the carbon interior bits and just get better at that altogether. Then finalize the working prototype for the plenum.

The 12" BBK is going off for power coat to replace the flaking paint when the beta and UZ are sent off as well.

The plug for the carbon strut bar is done and the new gelcoat should be in hand this weekend (the old stuff was no good for tooling.) With some luck I can have the prototype done this month. :happyanim:

2000J25SP 04-06-2016 05:49 PM

First I need to replace the broken transmission mount (again) and axle seals (again) then replace the warped rotors. Finish the head work and install new valve stem seals. Install Beta 2 head.

I want to change the grill opening, will probably remove the divider that goes between the two nostrils.

At some point I wanna go to the 1/8 track so I can embarrass myself by running 11's lol

i8acobra 04-06-2016 06:41 PM

Nothing, until I get my Nissan Hardbody back up and running. Then, the F-150 gets traded in on a Tesla Model 3 in early 2018... Or a GT350.

XGODZX 04-08-2016 03:59 AM

Getting quotes on custom paint for my wagon, been to a few shops but nothing that has switched me on

rob40 04-14-2016 07:19 AM

currently in the process of adding a bit of colour to the interior to break up the black a bit.

Future plans is more maintenance than go faster stuff, front suspension needs a refurb as shocks are soggy and wishbones/strut top mounts are rusty. Also needs a clutch as it's got a slight judder when pulling away, still got plenty of miles in it but it's annoying to drive. Doing a clutch on axle stands will be a whole heap easier with the suspension out of the way so will probably do it all at the same time.