Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   General Performance & Hyundai Chat (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/general-performance-hyundai-chat-10/)
-   -   A thought about car insurance (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/general-performance-hyundai-chat-10/thought-about-car-insurance-83648/)

Deviltib 03-07-2018 04:15 PM

A thought about car insurance

Do you guys think car insurance places make you pay a down payment when you get a new policy so that it keeps you around with them longer? I try to shop around once a year to get better rates but if I didnt have to put down a down payment, I would do it way more often.

tibbytib 03-07-2018 07:07 PM

What are you talking about?!? I've never put a down payment on insurrance and I get great rates. I do tend to pay 6 months out to lock in the lowest rate. But that's an option I exercise.

Visionz 03-08-2018 06:02 AM

^ Really? Every single time I shopped around for a new policy, I've had to do an initial down payment first too. Same with my wife and just about everyone I know. Maybe it's a thing with certain states.

tibbytib 03-08-2018 08:54 AM

LOL! What?!? Thats Crazy! Colorado must be lax! Glad I don't have to put a down payment on any of my insurance plans.

JonGTR 03-09-2018 07:24 AM

I've never had to do that either.

speed2020 02-22-2020 04:14 PM

[QUOTE=Deviltib;719348]

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->Dude, the fact is that this is a very profitable business for companies, because even if you have an accident (this happens no more than once a year), then when they pay for your repairs, they still get part of their profit .
I also have a question about insurance. I want to buy a car and I don’t know whether I should buy insurance from the manufacturer or from private companies that I was advised like
generalliabilityinsure.com. I want to note that the conditions are almost the same everywhere.

tibbytib 03-01-2020 06:26 PM

Are you talking about insurance or warranty? Never heard of getting insurance from a manufacturer. Insurance is always private entities as far as I know. Warranties, on the other hand, can either be bought through the manufacturer, or, through a 3rd party.

thomaspeket 07-24-2021 05:45 PM

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->

Yo, what?? This is the first time I have heard of something like this. A down payment for insurance? It is surprising, honestly. So what are the benefits you get after the down payment? And I’m sure they’ll still offer you expensive deals. Ever since I found out that some insurance companies offer contracts based on the miles you travel, I found peace in dealing with these people. They call it pay-as-you-go. There’s an article about it that you can read from Money Expert. I don’t know about you guys, but for me, I prefer to be charged per mile. Because sometimes I use public transport, so I don’t often drive.
you're behaving as if you don't know these things; there's no benefit at all.