Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   General Performance & Hyundai Chat (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/general-performance-hyundai-chat-10/)
-   -   HCI features Hyundai, and its a Elantra (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/general-performance-hyundai-chat-10/hci-features-hyundai-its-elantra-453/)

rubenz2K1 10-20-2002 04:26 AM

man both the cars kick some massive ass. eek!

nking84 10-20-2002 05:51 AM

yeah, it said "with the venerable mitsubishi 4G65" not 4g63....they dont even make a 4g65 engine and the engine that comes stock in that car is a beta G4GF... i didnt say the magazine knew what they were talking about just that they featured a sweet car...and yes it looks more like 10K if that went into in...the body kit is 1285$ with the denji blue lights and everything else might have totaled 5k.....those rear seats are damn nice though

nathan king

even on the pics of the engine, is says " HYUNDAI 16V " on it where the hell did the get a dsm engine out of that...oh well, some people are just that dumb

Bat Lord 10-20-2002 01:09 PM

I'm sorry to say guys, but why do I keep hearing that over $50k has been invested in this car??? I'm sorry that must include the price of the car... if it wasn't a sponsored one, like I keep hearing... oh well I don't want this to become a flame, just posting an opinion... that's all sorry TONY

Jerryzcrib 10-21-2002 11:27 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Bat Lord:
I'm sorry to say guys, but why do I keep hearing that over $50k has been invested in this car??? I'm sorry that must include the price of the car... if it wasn't a sponsored one, like I keep hearing... oh well I don't want this to become a flame, just posting an opinion... that's all sorry TONY</div>I'm thinking the same...it's gotta include the price of the car rolleyes.gif . However, there's no doubt the car ROCKS :D . In a years time i hope mine to look like that in a 2000 version :D .

Random 10-22-2002 12:18 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>nking84:
even on the pics of the engine, is says " HYUNDAI 16V " on it where the hell did the get a dsm engine out of that.</div>The 1990-1995 Elantra motors say "Hyundai 16V" on them. Hell even the block has the "Crooked H" cast into it. Yet it IS a mits motor in those cars. Those cars have the 1.8L N/A version of the 4G63....commonly called, the 4G65.

Just so you guys know...there is a slight basis in fact for the claim...it just is about 8 years out of date.

My take on this is...I have to say it. The Emperor has No clothes on!!!

If.....the engine was a MITSU motor, not a Hyundai motor. Why did he have such a hard time finding parts? Why didn't he just call up his friendly neighborhood Mistu Rice Store and order $10,000 worth of goodies? Man, this is Marck Fernandez were talking about here. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>"one of those guys who's really in the think of things. He's an import shop owner, is involved with "Max it Out" video magazine, works as a specialty vehicle casting agent....etc.etc...etc..)</div>You me to tell me a dude this hooked up can't equip a damn MITSU motor?

HCI show themselves to be idots for not checking their facts. Hell, they should have at least called Shark Racing to ask if they even SOLD modified heads, since they are not listed on the website. But of course they didn't even check the BASICS, like even looking at the SR website.

Why does he claim to have headers when the photo clearly shows his engine is 100% bone stock other than a horrible looking short ram/hot air intake.

HCI dropped down to the level of the National Inquirer in my opinion. They are a rag that is not to be trusted. It's obvious they just don't check facts, and allow folks to claim parts that aren't on their cars. I could maybe understand it if it was a "readers ride" section...but for a feature car, that just really shows how sloppy they are.

I've flamed them via letter. I'll be really suprised if they have the balls to print it and respond.

Please folks...don't get me wrong. I'm ALL about advancing the Hyundai aftermarket, and Hyundai's presence in magazines and other media. But in my opinion, a poser claiming mods he doesn't have, and that don't even exist, and then claiming the motor isn't even Hyundai....Isn't advancing our cause...it's sending us back to the stone age.

To put it simply, I expected better out of a National Mag like HCI. I expected better out of Marck Fernandez.

Bat Lord 10-22-2002 12:26 AM

I AGREE 100% on every point you made Tony and anyone can quote me on it... But I must disagree with you here:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>To put it simply, I expected better out of a National Mag like HCI. I expected better out of Marck Fernandez.</div>cause I for sure didn't... http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/no...ons/icon13.gif

Just like Tony said, I'm all for HYUNDAI GROWTH and Hyundai aftermarket you all know me like that... but I WOULD NEVER EVER say I have sh*t that I don't have... if I can find the post on HP.COM about this I will post it and you will all see that I POSTED the same comment, I have never and will never believe 50k has gone in that car... and I even said in that post, that I would never post my prices, but I'm willing to, if he posts his... I can only tell you this, I'm sponsored and even with all my free (yes free stuff) and discounted stuff, I have still spent close to 17-18k on my car, and that's not counting the price of the car... but I HAVE NEVER kept any mods any pictures or any prove of all I say regarding my car from you all... and I never will... WHY??? have a car all suped up and promote Hyundai when you can't even be true and show off to your fellow Hyundai tuners...

LOL YOU'RE RIGHT, here you go:

P.S. and for those that wanted info... I promised you all that a mag would see the car at HIN and that's all they were waiting for a decision on it... and guess what, can't say who, but I can tell you it's not HCI magazine... http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/no...ons/icon14.gif and it's not STREET article either... hehehe

[ October 22, 2002, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Bat Lord ]

Random 10-22-2002 03:21 AM

If you familarize yourself with the "EDIT" http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/noncgi/edit_ubb6.gif feature rather than Double Posting.

Also, Plz use e-mail for personal communication, not forum posts.

Suprgtrs_man 10-22-2002 10:46 AM

The engine in the 2001+Elantra & 2003 Tib is a G4GC. Don't get me started on this whole HCI feature.

veilside 10-23-2002 02:50 PM

Pretty much every piece of that car was given to him..from the car, kit, air ride, seats, and rims so 50k lolololo..
The motor is bone stock i can voutch for that one..
Any ways the guy is pretty nice though so no disrespect to him..

[ October 31, 2002, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: veilside ]

Visionz 10-23-2002 11:19 PM

Wait wait wait! Every part of the car was given to him???? He told me that his shop makes the components for the air suspension and he even distributes for some of the bigger air ride companies like Master Image Customs. :confused: