Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   External Appearance (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/external-appearance-13/)
-   -   Red lights illegal??? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/external-appearance-13/red-lights-illegal-5356/)

Bms212 07-02-2001 12:25 PM

Red lights illegal???

I just ordered red wiper lights off ebay (I AM ONLY 16 and parents dont know so SHHHH) And my brother said that i cant put them on cause they are illegal. he said red lights arent allowed besides brake lights cause tahts what cops use. it think its bull any way is it true. He also said blue is.

Visionz 07-02-2001 12:32 PM

With anything you buy for your car that's not stock..you take a chance of getting pulled over by the police and getting a ticket for it. Chances are you won't get pulled over for something so small, but then again..it's all up to the police officer that see's it.

Suprgtr's_man 07-02-2001 12:39 PM

That's why you hook it up to this thing called a switch smile.gif "What red lights officer?" smile.gif

Bms212 07-02-2001 01:11 PM

lol yeah i know. I am either going to hook them to my fogs which i dont use unless i want to or my blinks. But i dont know.

Random 07-02-2001 11:14 PM

Best bet is to look into your local laws.

99% of the time, red lights are only allowed to the rear of the car, becuase red=brake lights. Just like white lights are not allowed to the rear becuase white=reverse or head lights (white=car coming your directon)

RedShark 07-02-2001 11:15 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Originally posted by Goin'Coastal:
That's why you hook it up to this thing called a switch smile.gif "What red lights officer?" smile.gif</div>

hahahahhahaha wink.gif
My friend had purple fog lights and has a police scanner in his car. He heard on the scanner that the officer was gonna make a stop for "a kid with purple fog lights" and he turned 'em off and the cop thought he lost him...hahhahahaha :D

YellowTiburon 07-03-2001 12:18 PM

sweet, i want a police scanner, where can you get them. maybe i can find a unlocked cop car and just take theres.

AUTOBOT 07-03-2001 12:47 PM

Umm, I didn't hear that. LOL

Random 07-04-2001 05:59 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Originally posted by YellowTiburon:
sweet, i want a police scanner, where can you get them. maybe i can find a unlocked cop car and just take theres.</div>

It is illegal in most states to use a "scanner" in a moving vehicle. Otherwise crooks would use them to listen in on police conversations like the guy above with purple lights. I would NOT reccomend this....

SharkAri 07-05-2001 12:49 AM

While we are talking about illegal things-
Let me tell you about something in MD:

It is the usual belief of custom owners that if you have your strobes/undercar lights on and your engine isn't running and your keys aren't in your car that you cannot be cited. THIS IS WRONG!
A guy that has a custom shop and had his vehicle outside his shop was cited and it was held up in court; even though, his keys were in the bldg with him. JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT.