Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   External Appearance (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/external-appearance-13/)
-   -   need convertible pics (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/external-appearance-13/need-convertible-pics-5473/)

DEVILDOG 10-24-2002 04:39 AM

need convertible pics

what's up guys/girls...

If anyone's got any pics of cars that have been modified to convertible, I would really appreciate them. Thanks

TIBURONG 10-24-2002 07:10 AM

what kidna car are you talking bout

DEVILDOG 10-24-2002 11:09 AM

any cars that have been transformed into a convertible, I'm looking for pics to get ideas. Any Hyundai, Honda, Ford... doesn't matter

thanks

Josh 10-27-2002 06:13 AM

i know there are some pictures of 1st gen convertible tibs... i'll post if i find them.

Digital 10-27-2002 07:16 AM

Any car that was chopped into a convertible by a manufacturer for show duties was either done by Newport Conversions, or ASC of Long Beach. If I recall, the first Gen Tib was done by ASC. There are pictures out there. The ASC site doesn't post pics of their past work. Not sure about Newport. I'll try to find their site.

Easy find .. Newport Convertible

[ October 27, 2002, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: Digital ]

Kickergod69 10-27-2002 01:41 PM

I have 3 pix of the 1st gen Tiburon convertable and 1 pic of the prototype for the tib convertable...email me at RKE693@aol.com if you would like me to email them to you...I would post them but my web site is down and I cant link to them on it.

DEVILDOG 10-28-2002 04:40 AM

thanks for the replies, I was hoping to find something like pictures of the process... I'd like to find out how this guy did his car:

clicky

[ October 28, 2002, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: DEVILDOG ]

SuperGLS 10-28-2002 05:25 AM

Chances are, unless you have crazy money laying around, that doing something like that isn't really feasible... all that work has had to have cost $10,000 plus... good luck though...

Visionz 10-28-2002 05:43 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>SuperGLS:
Chances are, unless you have crazy money laying around, that doing something like that isn't really feasible... all that work has had to have cost $10,000 plus... good luck though...</div>No way will it ever cost that much to do a roadster or convertible transformation. I wrote up a HUGE FAQ on HP.com on how to do this and what's involved. I'll see if I can find it and post it over here. I've done these modifications before on trucks and cars. A basic targa or convertible kit for most cars and trucks will run you around $300. What costs the most is doing the labor, but even still, you can have it done for between $2,000 to $3500 WITHOUT paint. If you plan on using the car as a daily driver, then tack on another 1200-1500 for full reinforcement such as frame wraps, frame ties, roll bars, and A-Pillar re-enforcement.

DEVILDOG 10-28-2002 07:55 AM

I'm definitely not thinking of going all out like that guy, I simply don't have that kind of cash. I'd definitely go roadster though and just be different.

Visionz, I remember you knew something about this and posted on HP, which by the way, I emailed you last week...but if you can get that FAQ that'd help out a lot.