External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

i have some questions on my 02 elantra

Old 01-25-2014, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Elantra XD
Default i have some questions on my 02 elantra

Ok so I have a 02 elantra gls, I used to have a pair of universal fog lights that fit the holes in the bumper really well, but with glass lenses they cracked and one busted out completely. I would like to to factory ones in so it looks cleaner. I can't find any for the gls bumper, so will the gt bumper fit with no problems. What I keep finding is the grilles mounted to the bumper, but mine is attached to the hood any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

The 02 should have the grill attached to the hood. The XD2 GT had the grill stuck to the bumper. You are going to have that black bar running across it that wont match the rest of the car, but since yours is black it wont look that odd. Here is an 03 GT sitting beside an 04 GT with my silver XD non-GT in the background

Old 01-25-2014, 05:24 PM

Where do I get those fog lights at like on the black one? My bumper has circular holes in it for the fog lights all the ones I find are for the gt style bumper where it is oblong.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:34 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

there are so many aftermarket fogs I'm sure you could find some to fit the current holes in the bumper.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

There was a fog light kit for the GLS bumper, but I have no idea how to get one now. Kspec had them at one point. The GT version would mean getting the entire bumper with the fogs and I think they are weird sealed units, not bulbs.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:38 PM

I have tried several of the aftermarket ones out there but most justdon't give it a clean look like I want or rocks break them . Ok I found the ones on kspec, but are they a trusting company to order from? I know I have heard bad things about a few sites that you never get your parts. I'm trying to find out if they are sealed or not and will pass on any information that I get. Thanks for all the help so far from everyone.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

At one time I would say the were, but I have heard horror stories recently. I have not heard from anyone in the last 6 months or more that has tried to order from them.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:18 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Foreign eBay, foreign wreckers yards? I know the fogs you mean, they're the little projectors yeah?

If you're cashed up, a good yard in my city is 'magnawreck' but prepare for them to go in dry on the price.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:52 PM

They replied back saying they are a plastic assembly where you can change the bulbs out. what kind of horror stories were you hearing? I'm just trying to figure out if i want to chance the $140 on them.

And wheel_of_steel mine doesn't have the little ones, my bumper has like a 4 inch hole for the fog lights.