External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Can someone gimme instruction about replacing fog bulbs (H3)?

Old 10-16-2001, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone gimme instruction about replacing fog bulbs (H3)?

I have 2K1 Tibby and would like to replace stock fog bulbs to Xenon gas white bulbs.
Any information on how to replace it or how to reach the fog bulbs would be really cool.

Thanx smile.gif

[ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: Silver_Tibby ]
Old 10-16-2001, 11:10 PM

It's a pretty straightforward deal. A little trickier than replacing the headlights, but that's mostly due to the fact that you have to be on the ground beneath your car, going more by feel than by sight. I raised my car up so that I could get underneath easier. (Disclaimer: Not smart if you don't have jack stands or something equivalently stable.) I have a first-gen, but I'm going to make the assumption that the foglight housings for both are similar.
Start off by unscrewing the rubber-sealed housing cap. Inside, the bulb is held into the housing with a C-shaped wire clip. Push in and sqeeze together the "ends" of the C to release the clip. It will swing outwards, but does not disconnect from the housing.
Pull out the bulb, and you will see that there is blade-and-slot type connexion between the wire and bulb. You'll have to push a rubber weather covering back to get to it, and it will take a little fiddling to work the blade out of the slot. Once that's out, slide the blade of the new bulb in, and slip the covering back into place. Slip the bulb back into the housing...there are little teeth that need to line up with the housing, and I don't think it will allow you to put the bulb in "upside-down."
Once the bulb is in, swing the metal C-clip back into place, squeeze the ends of the C together and lock it in. Make sure that both of the ends of the C have locked. Screw the housing cap back on, and repeat for the other side.

If anyone out there with a second-gen notices any differences with your car, please put 'em up! Hope this helps you out, man.
Old 10-17-2001, 05:55 AM

Thanx a lot!

I'll look for that.