Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   External Appearance (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/external-appearance-13/)
-   -   Black Or Chrome Altezza's? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/external-appearance-13/black-chrome-altezzas-49780/)

Blue Bomber 10-22-2008 11:34 PM

Hey, just looking for some opinions. I have a Blue Tib with the veilside kit and some black rims with some machine polished silver on them. I was wondering what would look better on my car? The Black Altezza's or the Chrome ones? And is eBay fine with getting these from? They'll still fit the exact same for taillights right?

Thanks, Blue_Bomber

majik 10-23-2008 12:16 AM

ebay is fine. I got mine there. Some have had problems with them sealing properly so just check them out. They'll fit, shouldn't have a problem.

I suggest staying with stock tails and maybe use night shades to tint them darker

mwood 10-23-2008 12:48 AM

i would have to agree and niteshade the stock lights...that is what im planning once i get some extra cash to buy second set...

i would just nite shade the red, not the reverse lights imo

Rixshark 10-23-2008 06:53 AM

If you're mind is set on getting altezzas, go with the black. You could even add a light coat of nightshades to it to faintly tint the lenses. It should give it a pretty neat look.

You can also try and track down some of the Smoked Lens covers. I wouldn't recommend going through SFR or Kspec since a few members have had serious issues with them. I've never purchased anything from them.

Just an FYI for everyone though. Nightshades is not available in Canada, and any vendor I've found online refuses to ship it to Canada. The only possible way is to either go down into the States and buy it, or find a member that is willing to recieve it and then ship it from there.

likeyoumeanit 10-23-2008 08:40 AM

I would say go with black.

If you need someone to ship them to you I can

SOCKS_old 10-23-2008 09:48 AM

black altezzaz with a medium coating of nightshades and then a few layers of clear.. will look perfect..

or night shade the stock tails.. the whole thing.. i HATE the look of the white reverse light and rest of tail black..

Polaris 10-23-2008 09:56 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RiX (shark) @ Oct 23 2008, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If you're mind is set on getting altezzas, go with the black. You could even add a light coat of nightshades to it to faintly tint the lenses. It should give it a pretty neat look.

You can also try and track down some of the Smoked Lens covers. I wouldn't recommend going through SFR or Kspec since a few members have had serious issues with them. I've never purchased anything from them.

Just an FYI for everyone though. Nightshades is not available in Canada, and any vendor I've found online refuses to ship it to Canada. The only possible way is to either go down into the States and buy it, or find a member that is willing to recieve it and then ship it from there.</div>

If you can't get nightshades, I went to a hobbystore and bought this stuff that was essentially the same thing, called black tint or something like that for model cars, and then put a clear coat on it and it did the same job.

Blue Bomber 10-23-2008 11:29 AM

Thanks alot for the inpt guys. I will probably just get the Black Altezza's then but if i want the nightshades ill let you guys know if i need someone to ship them to me.

Thanks
Blue Bomber