Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

THROTTLE BODY INSTALL

Old 05-11-2001, 04:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THROTTLE BODY INSTALL

i recently just installed my new sharkracing tb.. and well got everything doen and works fine except for a hissing sound when i press teh gas peddle its like a mix of supercharger sound and lo9ose fan belt lol
its pretty annoying .. anyone have any kind of idea what it could be

it has to be with the tb..
Old 05-11-2001, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Did you make sure that the gasket sealed right between the TB and the IM?

Can you identify the location of the sound?
Check the hoses that attach just before the TB. Make sure they are plugged in and snug.

With the SR TB on my car, I could hear the "hissing" of the idle bypass a lot louder, it may just be that.
Old 05-11-2001, 08:49 AM

yeah its like a hissing noise i will check to see if its the gaskets.. i have the sr tb as well..

just like 5 minutes ago i just recieved a nice check engine light..

the car idles ok right aroudn 1000rpm. seems to be driving well just that hissing noise i will re check all teh hoses etc for leaks etc..

i know it oculdnt go perfect heheh
Old 05-11-2001, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Yup...sounds like you have a leak.

Easy way to tell. Spray wd40 or "starting fluid" around all the connections. When the engine idle goes up or down and the sucking sound changes to bubling...you found the problem.

It also might be that the idle adjustment screw is not open enough. At idle the engine would be trying to suck ALL it's air through the bypass hose. Make sure your throttle is "cracked" just a little bit at idle (closed). The air moving past that crack could be the "hissing" sound you hear.
Old 05-11-2001, 10:02 AM

alright new problem smile.gif heheh now when i turn my car n the rpms just sky rocket up.. i am gonna try adjusting the throttl escrew to see if that helps... weird.. it seems liek when i hit the gas it sticks to that rpm and clims up slowley
Old 05-11-2001, 10:13 AM

alright the idle problem seems to be the idle screw.. hmm i guess it moved while i was driving.. is their anyway to prevent this from hapening.

like locktite or something.?

cuz well i dont wanna have to worry about the screw moving while im driving.. car when idles ok runs liek a charm with a hiss.. but i think i know what the problem is for that prolly a small leak by the throttle gasket

heheh nice takeoffs i get when i idle at 3k.. smile.gif but i dont like it when everyon looking at me hehe
Old 05-11-2001, 10:26 AM

I would not loctite. Try and see if continues to happen. Is there space to put the screw into a small spring? This prevents moving but generally they do not move. Could it be adjustment was wrong due to the leak?