Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Engine, Intake, Exhaust (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/engine-intake-exhaust-11/)
-   -   Msd dis 4 (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/engine-intake-exhaust-11/msd-dis-4-a-80008/)

patuner11 11-05-2015 07:38 PM

Msd dis 4

msd dis4 installed now when i go wot then shift it backfires that was the 1st thing that happened now when i go down the road it backfires in every gear. Now it completely misfires and check engine light flashing unhooked battery and reset everything now just backfires during wot shifts. then it started miss firing and check engine light started flashing again.I didn't install a bypass so I guess I have to unhook it all hook it back up normal to see if its the coil is bad. also bought used. Thanks in advance for any help.

patuner11 11-05-2015 09:36 PM

im thinking I need the tech adapter 8912 so I ordered it hope this helps

JonGTR 11-06-2015 06:04 AM

You don't need that. Did you make sure all the dip switches were set correctly and zeroed out? Did you plug in the bypass plug to make sure you wired it correctly? It should run like stock that way.

DID YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS?

patuner11 11-06-2015 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by JonGTR (Post 707890)
You don't need that. Did you make sure all the dip switches were set correctly and zeroed out? Did you plug in the bypass plug to make sure you wired it correctly? It should run like stock that way.

yes read INSTRUCTIONS. YES SET DIP SWITCHES. to zero out you make changes then turn switch on then off correct? no bypass plug .

I wired my 2step to my clutch relay the one where you engage to start it could this be a issue?

DID YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS?

JonGTR 11-06-2015 12:41 PM

Since you say you read the instructions, then you obviously did this right?

Originally Posted by MSD DIS4 Instruction Manual
To verify that all wires are connected to their proper locations, plug the supplied

bypass plug into the DIS harness and then start the vehicle.

Follow the instructions.

patuner11 11-06-2015 01:02 PM

I hook white tigger to 1-4 to harness then green to 2-3 to harness used both red wires to 12v into harness. then brown/white to 1-4 to coil then brown/green to 2-3 to coil. then both brown/orange to 12v to coil. then msd said to ground the yellow and violt tigger wire because not being used then I hook up my power and ground to the battery hook my 2step up to the relay on my clutch the bottom one where you have to push clutch in to start it is this correct? I unhook the 2step work fine no back fire came back home put car in garage the started missing like crazy again still has solid red light on msd so I guess its ok call msd. called msd they said none of the dis 2r 4 work on are cars. please help

patuner11 11-06-2015 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by JonGTR (Post 707902)
Since you say you read the instructions, then you obviously did this right?

Follow the instructions.

I ordered a bypass plug

patuner11 11-12-2015 01:34 PM

everything works great with bypass

patuner11 11-12-2015 02:00 PM

works when everything is off but wont rev pass 3k program wasted spark miss fires right away

patuner11 11-12-2015 02:26 PM

I have dip switchs msd 6215 not the new msd di4 plus