Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Intake question

Old 07-14-2015, 08:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Default Intake question

So, I was thinking about moving my radiator over some towards the passenger side and running the intake straight forward just behind the upper grill. Maybe less heat sink with the cooler oncoming air. I know hitting standing water with a low mounted air filter will hydrolock. But what about being up high with no protection from water entering the grill opening.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

You'd have to either hit a gigantic puddle or damn near submerge your car to hydro lock it from the upper grill height.

I don't know how much further your gonna get the rad to move though. That hose will fight you and you don't want it too close to that manifold
Old 07-15-2015, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram-air_intake

This isn't all that dissimilar to the design Blitz is using with his ITBs. Unless you tune the intake plenum properly there won't be much effect beyond maybe leaning the already rich stock a:f ratio when traveling at really high speeds.

That said, as far as function goes little will change. Not worth the expense and hassle IMHO.