Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Engine, Intake, Exhaust (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/engine-intake-exhaust-11/)
-   -   intake manifold from another car? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/engine-intake-exhaust-11/intake-manifold-another-car-39637/)

kennman 11-14-2006 08:53 AM

i know it's an old topic, but anyway - does any intake manifold from another car fit the beta 1 engine? the reason I'm asking - i'm putting on a supercharger, and need a bigger manifold, aswell as bigger TB. i heard somewhere that Prelude's intake manifold would fit? pleazz some info!
Igor

pile_of_rd1 11-14-2006 03:51 PM

A preludes will fit huh? I can see 1 difference right off... The throttle body is on the wrong side!!!! if your using a roots style, your not going to be using any part of your stock manifold, and for a centrifical... your not going to NEED to get them... Just pray for an airram man. 500 bucks all over.

1997tibby 11-14-2006 05:10 PM

CUSTOM 68mm bbtb, matched to AIRRAM

Teflon 11-14-2006 07:14 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Jun 13 2005, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>61MM RSide Adjustable w/cruise.</div>

I thought you had a 65mm BBTB with your airram?

hamhead 11-14-2006 07:18 PM

This topic is old... that post by Redz was June 16. He was still running the RSide then, he didn't install the 65mm until recently I think once he got the Air-Ram and headers back from ceramic coating.

I was first to install the 65mm on a N/A car I believe back around May, I think we bought around the same time but I put mine on right away. lmao.gif I can't stand having parts uninstalled.

Teflon 11-14-2006 07:36 PM

LOL owned.gif

REDZMAN 11-14-2006 08:32 PM

If only folks would read the reports in the Moderator Report center.

If only the folks posting would read the dates and see they are over a year old.

kennman 11-16-2006 07:04 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Nov 15 2006, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If only folks would read the reports in the Moderator Report center.

If only the folks posting would read the dates and see they are over a year old.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>i know it's an old topic, but anyway</div>

okay?!

and besides that, I'm using a roots SC, with the IC, so I'm keeping the stock I - manifold. I only seek for a bigger one, as the beta1 one is very restrictive. and also with bigger intake manifold there is easir to put on a larger TB.(e.g. if i COULD put on a prelude's IM, i could use a prelude's TB, right? i don't mind it's right sided!!)

so?
does anybody know sometnhing about compatibility?

greetz, Kennman

hamhead 11-16-2006 09:42 PM

Nothing like a Prelude or anything is compatible. The stock manifold doesn't flow that bad.

Either make your own or wait around for an Air-Ram to pop up. Or just port and polish the stock IM.

Ericy321 11-16-2006 10:23 PM

were supposed to be having intake manifold made for us by a shop. hopefully well see an update soon. i have a bbtb, its 65 i think and im going to be selling it soon i think