Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

How well does your car start with the cold weather we've been having?

Old 01-07-2014, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 tib
Default How well does your car start with the cold weather we've been having?

With all this ice cold weather we've been having, anyone having problems with their car starting? Mine starts a little harder but I have a brand new Optima Red Top I got a few months ago and it starts every time.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

I can't remember the last time I bought a new battery for my Tib, and its nothing special. It started a little harder than normal this morning at -11F, took maybe 1.5-2 cranks then fired right up. I let it warm up for about 10 mins while I grabbed a bite to eat, and headed to work. I'm always impressed at how well it handles the cold/snow.

One thing I have noticed over the past week or so during my commute to work and back the engine might never reach operating temperature. It's a 12 mile, 20 minute drive. I assume because the cold air running across the radiator, or my Thermostat may need replaced. Any suggestions?
Old 01-07-2014, 07:47 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

mine exhibit's lash noise like it's running on no oil for about a second after starting and it dissappears..seems normal

probably waiting for the oil pump pressure to catch up..glad i dont use lucas in the winter.

other than that..my ultragauge indicates that the engine warms up nicely with all vital sensors reading ok.