Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Cleaning K&N cone filter

Old 02-25-2014, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Veilside Tibby
Default Cleaning K&N cone filter

How can i clean this filter without getting the kit? Currently i have a foam filter which is easy to clean (soapy solution and then some engine oil on it after it dries) but i have my old K&N waiting to be cleaned which is cotton.

After reading a few google searches i found you can clean with soap (dish soap good or detergent cause its cotton?) or a petroleum distillate (what is this? gas??) but not sure if that can damage it.

As for the oil, the foam filter i can easily coat and then squeeze out excess but not sure if i can do that to the cotton one. I have some filter oil left somewhere i bought from a dirt bike shop but i think its done or down to the last bit. i'm looking for alternates to this if possible but i'll find a bike shop that hopefully carries it.

thanks
Old 02-25-2014, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The recharger kits are like $10, why not skip a lunch eating out and get the proper chemicals?