Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Engine, Intake, Exhaust (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/engine-intake-exhaust-11/)
-   -   Car Stalls, Won't Start (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/engine-intake-exhaust-11/car-stalls-wont-start-43136/)

REDZMAN 05-24-2007 04:48 PM

Do me a favor, look at your TPS, what is the brand name on it? Keifco or Dae Sung?

driftkid77 05-24-2007 04:56 PM

just finished punching a hole through cat. test drove it and the car did the exact same thing...the only diff the exhaust was twice as loud.

this time I watched what happened to the tach..

1. let off the gas while traveling uphill and turning into my driveway

2. tach dropped sharply to 2500 rpms... from 3000 while in neutral

3. cel, brake, col, and batt light all flicked on then disappered....

4. then the tach drops to 0 rpms and all the lights come on for good

5. car quits

6 and I started to regret ruinig that cat.

what do you think the issue is

REDZMAN 05-24-2007 05:03 PM

Answer my above question, and I'll tell you.

driftkid77 05-24-2007 05:12 PM

sorry about that its Keifco

REDZMAN 05-24-2007 05:26 PM

Hmm, well, it's probably not your TPS then, even though the Keifco's can go bad too, the Dae Sung's have some serious problems.

Any vaccum leaks? Post up some engine bay pics.

driftkid77 05-24-2007 05:36 PM

I don't have access to a computer. I am using a pda.

however the car is misfiring especially at high rpms. and you have to drive the car until it is warmed up then it quits... it does not over heat. could it be the fuel pump?

the engine will bog down when i tap the gas really lightly and if i repeatedly do that very fast the car will almost quit.

REDZMAN 05-24-2007 06:04 PM

Answer the following.

1. Mileage on the vehicle?

2. Last time you changed the fuel filter if ever?

3. Last time you changed the sparkplugs or wires?

You might wanna use a public computer, pics would help cut some of the guesswork out.

Also, does your PDA have a Camera?

driftkid77 05-24-2007 06:29 PM

1. Mileage on the vehicle?

2. Last time you changed the fuel filter if ever?
last summer

3. Last time you changed the sparkplugs or wires?
last week

yes it does have a camera

I have a funny feeling since I have tried everything else.

this all started when I changed the position of the 1st o2 sensor... it is now in the stock position of 2nd o2. . . has anyone ever heard of this killing the idle...????

Jay-M 05-24-2007 06:38 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (driftkid77 @ May 24 2007, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't have access to a computer. I am using a pda.

however the car is misfiring especially at high rpms. and you have to drive the car until it is warmed up then it quits... it does not over heat. could it be the fuel pump?

the engine will bog down when i tap the gas really lightly and if i repeatedly do that very fast the car will almost quit.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jay-M @ May 22 2007, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>what do you mean you dont have the # code?

how did you read the cel in the first place? the code is a 4-digit # that starts with a letter (for you, it'll start with a "P")
can you also make sure that you are not getting any misfiring cel codes... if you do, that'll be ignition or injector related</div>

i just had a feeling about misfiring... can you please explain if you are getting a cel at all for the misfires and what are they?

DTN 05-24-2007 06:54 PM

It sounds like spark plugs to me.