Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Beta1 Vs Beta2

Old 10-23-2008, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Uhm, duh?

No offense, but it's been posted a few hundred times.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:10 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

Why do you have to asnwer like that? A simple yes would give the same answer wink1.gif

I asked it because the local clutch seller told me that it wouldn't fit.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:22 AM

If you are too stupid to search, you get the answer you deserve.
drillsergeant.gif cool.gif
Old 10-24-2008, 07:54 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

Its better to ask it then searching for hours reading almost everytopic in the search results wink1.gif

Its better to just help somebody then post stupid messages like you are doing now redz
Old 11-25-2008, 07:14 AM

No, it's better to get someone to help themselves then to spoon feed them like a 2 year old. Don't post in here again unless you are adding to the topic.

Warned.

And it's not better at all. It's better to READ all of those results, so you have a firm grip on what you are doing, and can help others later, or know where to reference things. It's better to learn how to effectively search.

Faster/Easier for lazy asses doesn't mean better.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:27 AM

Vehicle: F2 Evolution

Is there now a Beta3? Reason I ask is while in New Zealand I saw one of those Kia Sorato Koups, the 2.0 engine looked like a Beta, but was all aluminium, and power upped by 96bhp.

Also it appears the fit of the crank pulleys are slightly different between Beta1 and 2, as many UK owners have brought lightweight ones for their Gen3 (Beta2) and its not fitted, but will fit older Gen1 (Beta1), yet its sold as a pulley that'l fit any 2.0 Coupe.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:31 AM

Vehicle: F2 Evolution

copied this which I posted on the Uk site after many were asking about transferring CAIs between Beta1s and Beta2s.

when fitting a Gen1 SRI to a Gen3, which can be fitted, but leaves a blanked off pipe that don't look to good, but more importantly means throttle bodies cannot be transferred between otherwise identical inlet manifolds.

Look at a Beta1 intake, off my 2.0 Gen1, note the idle control pipe and valve at the back, and the 2 top TB bolts sitting level, as arrowed.

Now a beta2 intake, off a 2.0 Gen3, not no idle control at the back, and the top left bolt is sticking up, this is because the idle control is under it, internally in the TB, meaning if you try and fit a Gen1 TB to a gen3 intake, firstly only 3 bolts will line up, not all 4, and secondly you'll block off your idle control line. Also note the saggy pipe that had to be blanked off as i fitted a Gen1 SRI to a Gen3, and that spur off the intake wasn't needed.

Also, with a few minor diy modifacations I have repaired my wifes Beta2 big end bearing failure using my spare Beta1 block. Kept her VVT head, and aluminium sump, and sandwiched a Beta1 block in. had to swap the crankshaft oil seal housing at the flywheel end to do this, as 2 of the bolt holes are moved, so fitted Beta2 one onto side of Beta1 block, had to use a Beta1 flywheel as the hubs they fit onto are different sizes. The only ballache I'm having is getting the CPS (another difference, Beta1 uses magnetic pickup off the crank, Beta2 uses hall effect, basicly sends a 5v signal from ecu through sensor) orientated, I have a realy old Beta1 block, so CPS sits rotated at right angles to where it should be, so I had to make up a bracket, but make it so I could play with the CPS to get it in the right position. It runs perfectly, no problems at all.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:49 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

Let me add some internal differences with pics to help out.

First and biggest are the valves. Beta 1 are shorter to allow for the expansion of the hydraulic valve inside the lifter.

Here are some pics of the Ferrea valve springs with seats and retainers, they are shorter than the stock ones (which are from a Beta 2), the Ferrea springs are slightly shorter than the stock ones but once compressed and seated on the valve they will be fine.

Here is the oil valve in the Beta 1 block, between the 2nd and 3rd cylinder