Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Seafoam bad for cats?

Old 01-06-2012, 01:53 PM
UKS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Sonata
Default Seafoam bad for cats?

My question is, can seafoam clog up your catalytic converters and end up hurting performance? Aside from sparkplugs it sounds all find and dandy on the engine, except all the sh!t and muck you are forcing out your exhaust has got to be bad on the cats. From what I hear they are made up of many small surfaces inside coated with the catalyst that needs to get very hot to work, and if you are burning oil or something like that, these surfaces get coated and from here on out your catalytic converter starts to get more and more and more clogged.

Even though it is just over the course of like 5 or 10 minutes, what are your guys' thoughts on seafoam and the Catalytic converter?
Old 01-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I wouldn't recommend feeding it to cats unless in very small doses. Maybe in their water bowl.

But srsly...

I wouldn't be surprised if it equals out between how much additional crud makes it out of your engine and how much existing crud the seafoam burns from your catalytic converter. But, I don't know the answer.