DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Want To Design Your Own Gauges?

Old 04-06-2007, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

here is a company that will do anything you want with you gauges in any color. either backlit with the factory lights with the gauges being either red or blue, only two color options.

gauges

I have also inserted a link to a template for our gauges so you can play with them in photoshop

gauge template

and new guys, like me, this was found through using the search option on this site.

for the old guys that couldn't pass reading this, these are the people that made the old KORE gauges.

they also take paypal. fing02.gif

Lee
Old 04-06-2007, 04:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Meh, never seen their gauges in person, but their lack of options doesn't impress me much.

BTW, OEM backlight = teh gey.

If they were to do a set of EL reverse ones, I'd look.

They've only got White, Silver and Yellow faces listed for us, but I'm assuming you can get others done.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'd like to see some pictures...
Old 04-06-2007, 04:18 PM

http://www.blackcatcustom.com/hyundai_tiburon.htm

That's the link direct.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:26 PM

while I agree some el guages would be nice I have the old kore guages in dweet's car and they are bright enough. I don't care for a neon sign glaring me in the face as I drive at night and you know as well as I do red some led's would brighten them up. I'm just trying to be different, custom is the only way to do that.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:28 PM

Yeah, but these aren't really custom. I mean yeah, you can get a custom design done on them, but you can do that at speedhut.com too.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:40 PM

speedhut don't offer our gauges anymore and when anyone calls they gives you the damn runaround. didn't they even give you the runaround once?

but anyways, just thought i would bring inlight of something else some new guys could use without having to have the same look as everyone else.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:57 PM

I have worked with BlackCat on some custom gauges. Alex was great to work with, however I was not impressed by the quality at all.

The first set I received had several light lines where the light was allowed to come through. These lines were caused by the printer which printed these. I definitely understood how this might happen, but was disappointed they weren't closely inspected and this quality flaw found before they were shipped. Upon contacting Alex about this, I was informed I was the 3rd one to call that day about this same issue. He did stand behind his work and printed a 2nd set for me, including some tweaks to the initial design.

The second set I received and installed had some of these same lines, although this time they were very minor and actually something I could live with. After having these installed for a month or two, I noticed small bubbles starting to form on some of the faces. Also, the eveness of the lighting was only slightly better than when I changed the OEM bulbs to blue LEDs...this was the case with both sets and not the quality I expected nor wanted.

After 2 attempts and doing some research, I decided to call it quits with BlackCat Customs and pursue an EL set of faces, including a way to get the deep bright blue which was even and what I was wanting. Bingo, I finally found the quality and color I was looking for using BROS Maxtrim gauges and a custom filter made out of a gel theatrical lighting sheet. Here's link to the post on how these turned out: BROS Maxtrim Gauges Tinted Bright Blue

If anyone is interested I still have the BlackCat Custom faces and can take pictures for posting.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:59 PM

I have the KORE guages in my car if anyone wants a pic of what they look like I can post one
Old 04-25-2007, 11:24 PM

i wanna see laugh.gif