DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

DIY: Solved! Car Won't Take Gasoline/Won't Fill Fast/Fills Slowly At Gas Pump

Old 11-17-2011, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/tiburon

thank god someone figured this out hahah so you removed all of the charcol from the canister?
Old 11-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Yes, the pipes were clogged with loose carbon pellets, not combustion deposit type carbon.

Yes, there are no more carbon pellets in the canister just now.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:57 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Great DIY. will be doing this soon.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

did you have to refill it w/ charcoal Stocker
Old 12-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

I did if it was a customer's car. There's still a gallon zip-lock baggie full of charcoal on the floor at my office. The car smells like gas at fill-ups but I'm older than the car so I remember when the whole gas station smelled that way and don't mind it at all.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

Just an tip. With that electrical connector there is no need to remove the wire spring clip. Just push in on it and pull off the plug. That way you won't loose it.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:43 PM

Vehicle: 04 hyundai accent gt

Hi all, I hope there are some active members looking at this. I followed the instructions, and found my vent plugged with mud. I took my canister close valve off and emptied all the fluids out of it. It feels like there is fluid in the rear of the valve. It is dry, yet when I shake it, it feels like there is fluid in there, I=Is this normal? Has anyone else taken their ccv off? is yours filled with fluid? Or does it mean mine is bad?

Thanks
Old 06-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

If it was full of mud and the solenoid is full of water or mud, you may have just got a flood car from the recent storms or flooding, which sucks for you. If the valve opens and closes when power is applied/removed, I wouldnt worry too much about it feeling strange when shaken. I have dealt with various types of solenoids and sometimes you can't tell there is anything loose inside, sometimes you can't help but wonder what the heck is rattling around in there and it still works.

Is the charcoal canister full of liquid? That would be interesting to find out.

HyundaiAftermarket has been here a long time, and there are old threads, but if they are exactly what you want to talk about, there aren't really any dead threads. If you can't find a discussion thread directly addressing your particular issue, feel free to start a new one - but a lot of us keep an eye out for ANY new content, so the old ones are also viewed when you post.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:08 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Elantra

I am hoping this will apply to a 2002 hyundai elantra as well this thing is pissing me off to no end, i have no mechanical experience and it has gotten to the point where the cold weather is not fun to stand in.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

The voices tell me that there is going to be a 4-way valve in there somewhere, but the systems should be similar in principle. I'd appreciate it if you get it fixed, if you update on this thread for the benefit of others. Hyundai's manual site is hyundaitechinfo it's a for-pay site and I don't have access, but if you can't sort it out on your own the manuals will be there.