DIY Post all Hyundai DIY Guides here. You may also want to read some of our Hyundai Tutorials. Members who follow these guides do so at their own risks.

Diy: How To Search!

Old 10-09-2007, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: car

I've seen a LOT of new users refusing to use their brains. There is a wonderful thing here called the search feature. It's quite amazing. You click it, type what you want, and it show EVERY thread that EVER said that word in it! I know, it's great right? So here it is guys. The How to search DIY!

1.) Go to http://www.rdtiburon.com and go to the forums.

2.) Be confused and at wits end with that damned search button, how does it work?! I just want to find what lug pattern we have!1!!1ONE!

3.) Stop and think. "Maybe I should use correct spelling and grammar, and I shall succeed in finding what pattuhnz fer muh lugz I need..."

Eureka! Who thought searching could be this easy and helpful?! I will never ask a dumb question that has been covered 928 times again! Such as the ever so famous " I wanna pimp my ride and make it fast for cheap yo, what can I do?!" or "Are those $20 chips off of eBay good? They say they give you 50whp!!".

-Bliz
Old 10-10-2007, 09:29 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Now do we have to make a DIY on how to post pictures? First one doesn't work haha.gif

You may want to add how to narrow or widen searches. If you are looking for something in particular you won't always get it. ie: if you type in 'replacing bad wheel bearings', you will get nothing. Sometimes you will have to try and broaden your search by removing words. Trying 'Bad Wheel Bearing' will bring up more results. Check those out. If you don't find what you need, you can go back and try making it plural; 'Bad Wheel Bearings' returns a few different results.

Keep in mind that the RDTiburon search is different from a search engine like Google. Google searches for all words on a page, not necessarily in the same paragraph or sentence (unless you add in "quotes", in which case it will search for the complete string). The RDTiburon search looks for the string. ie: try typing in 'bearing wheel', it returns 0 results.

Searching for a particular post you remember reading by someone? Click the "More Search Options" link in the tiny search box, to bring up the full search form. You now have options to search the forums by sub-forum, poster, date, etc.

Yay
Old 10-10-2007, 10:10 AM

This should be a mandatory read for anyone even before they make their intro post.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:00 AM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^^agree with Adam W.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:04 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

Smart idea Bliz, every no0b should read this!
Old 10-10-2007, 11:50 PM

Vehicle: car

Yea... The pic worked last night, lol. Oh well, you get the idea. I think it should be mandatory as well. Or when you go to post a new thread, it will say like "Did you read the how to search thread?" or something similar.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:36 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

HAHA!! haha.gif "WOW!"

most of the time i use search things come up not found. 80% of the time it only works with 1 word and 1 word only. i'm lazy and use it to find threads i'm too lazy to look for.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Bump for Bigfishmike and other new members.

someone add this to the site FAQ, the DIY directions, and into the emails that go out to all new members.