Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Google's new robot

Old 08-18-2015, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 07 Tiburon
Default Google's new robot

It may have fared badly in the recent robo-olympics, causing hilarity with a series of unexpected falls, but Google has revealed its humanoid robot has been set free in the woods to learn how to run free.

The Atlas robot created by Google-owned firm Boston Dynamics is a formidable figure at 6ft 2in tall and weighing in at 330lb.

In the video, it is shown struggling to stay upright - but managing to traverse a forest path without falling.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...le-humans.html

Pretty sure Google will be the one to bring Skynet to life and robot overlords will be the end of humanity
Old 08-19-2015, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I've always said that if anyone could develop A.I, it would be Google. They have the computing power to figure it out. Now if Google, Apple, Microsoft and Amazon were to all come together and pool their money and resources...we could see a real working true A.I. in our lifetime pretty easily. But none of them will do that. Instead they will all fight to be the first to develop something sort of like A.I. but not what we see in the movies.