Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Do you believe in parallel universes?

Old 03-24-2015, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon
Default Do you believe in parallel universes?

This article made me think of this topic http://phys.org/news/2015-03-mini-bl...-parallel.html

The idea of there being an alternative reality is intriguing and interesting to me. This isnt a debate about religion versus science. I'm just curious if there's anybody else that believes in this stuff or think the possibility could be there.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:14 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

No. Blackholes are not holes. Therefore you cannot pass through them into another reality.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Our universe is a giant conglomerate of seemingly infinite galaxies; and recent astronomy has even hypothesized a map with a center-point from which the cosmos we know expanded, and continues to expand, based on a number of variables recently recorded. The path mapped is not terribly dissimilar to that of matter "belched" from the center of a blackhole as it reaches critical mass. Since this type of blackhole emission is polar, as in the emission occurs from a center point in 2 distinctly separate but parallel directions, much like the magnetic north and south poles our planet has; it's not out of question to hypothesize that what ever our universe emitted from has also a 2nd distinct "universe" protruding from the opposite pole. Thus a completely plausible "parallel universe." This is of course assuming that the center point of our universe behaves in the expected manor of a hyper-massive black hole, though that would be the expectation.

That however does not an alternative reality type "parallel universe" necessarily make.

It's no more silly to believe in an alternative reality than a magic man in the sky.

"Normally, when people think of the multiverse, they think of the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, where every possibility is actualized," Faizal told Phys.org. "This cannot be tested and so it is philosophy and not science.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-03-mini-bl...allel.html#jCp
My point exactly.

More to the point, it's completely plausible for ulterior dimensions exist. The concept of a universe was unfathomable to many centuries ago, there is no reason to believe that just because we think we understand that the universe exists that we now fathom all of existence. I hope that gravitational dimensional motion is discovered, and lets be real, that's what they are testing for. Imagine the discovery that a couple dozen (or more) further universes, or multiverses the way I see it, exist. This will blow the scientific world wide open even further than ever before. It was just about a year ago we delivered a new ocean deep within our own planet's crust, the planet we thought we understood so well. This century will prove scientific discoveries mind-blowning on a regular basis. It's a great time to be alive.