The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Work Gripe

Old 09-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

funny stuff: http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/All-...-Download.aspx
Old 09-15-2009, 05:59 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

people magically think im going to remember them... not to mention i tried to help troubleshoot this over the phone yesterday.

me:desktop this is jeff
Other: joe high it steve cohn
Me: its jeff
Otherh sorry jeff
Other: im back in the office
Me: (that’s good I go to work every day) Okkkkkkk
Other: I had a virus yesterday
Me: bring down your computer [ most times I go and pick up but this guy is getting on my nerves]
Other: do you know how long youll need it
Me: I would need to see it first
Other:well no time frame
Me: just bring down your computer
Other: hi im steve ( and im a mac and want to puch your face in...)
Me: ok ill look at it
Other: well I need these files off my desktop I didn’t get ot save them and my e-mail...
Me: [tart] im not putting this on the network till I find out whats wrong with it so you can get your e-mail via the web system.
Other: oh...umm ok...so i cant get my files?
Me: [GET OUT OF MY OFFICE NOW YOU DWEEBE TWIT...}
Me: ill call you when your other pc is deemed clean.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:31 AM

That first instance isn't that bad. Let them take it home, if it fails, and they loose all their work it's not your fault. Aslong as you explained to them your backup procedures / what you can do for them. They will only learn from the mistakes they make.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:37 AM

unfortunately being a temp i can be blamed for something and get canned. Ya know i though slavery was dead but apparently it is ok to hire someone as a fall guy if needed. they whole temp worker contract thing is bullshit.

sigh... Remember kids when working make sure the person you working for is the same company that gives you a paycheck. contract work is about the last level before outsourcing.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:23 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

Bullfrog, I agree with you. Most people aren't fit to be breathing, let alone reproducing, creating the wonderful minds in which grow up to be the mindless twits too stupid for gas stations.

As a construction foreman, I don't have to work with computers, (sometimes thankfully) just the inbred morons who need a drawing to be made when telling them to "Take the nails to the truck and put them in the big box behind the cab of the truck."

Simple request, right? I've actually witnessed one guy put them on the back seat.

Welcome to my world.

Sometimes I'll even have a nerf ball behind the seat, to give to these types, and say "Here. Go to the edge of the site, play with this, and if it rolls into the street, call one of us over. We'll go get it for you because I think you are not capable of safely crossing the street unattended."

They usually quit after this, only for the next one to take their place.

It goes on and on and....
Old 09-16-2009, 05:29 AM

I would think by now that if you work in a corporate environment you would be used to computers basic functions and how to get your job done and if you worked long enough be able to SIMPLE troubleshooting. (e.g. monitor not working, is it plugged in to the computer and to the wall?) . Its infuriating that I go help people daily that are getting paid twice what i am and they dont have a brain.

me: can you go to your start menu and click run
other: where is the start menu?

I mean WTF? that big green button down there thats been looking you in the eye for the last 8+ years and you dont know where its at? come on people. Its no longer an excuse that your new to computers, its now your are being lazy.

case in point as im typing this one of the helpdesk guys comes over
other: " jane's monitor will not turn on when she docks her computer"

time to go see where the monitor is unpluged at now...

issue- user had to hit "fn" key and "f8" key to put the laptop in projector (external monitor) mode...

ill end with this, in the 60's you whooped your childs ass, they were mad for a while but grew up to be productive thinking adults. AKA how can i think through this and not get my ass kicked.

today you have way to much coo'ing and coddling that if you whooped their ass they tell someone down the street and CYS and the police are hauling your ass to jail, kid learns no lesson and ends up chasing after the nerf football...
Old 09-16-2009, 08:01 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

All of this is sad, but you just have to realize, the world is FULL of idiots. And there will only be more idiots to flood the earth over time.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:50 PM

Thats because the human race keeps making laws to prevent darwin from going to work..
Old 09-17-2009, 11:31 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

Yeah, for some reason the stupid and lesser-intelligent are being protected from others as well as themselves.

"Too much of an idiot to avoid trees and car doors on your bicycle? Well, now you have to wear a helmet by law!"

Coffee too hot? Edges too sharp? Well we'll warn the hell out of you/round everything so that you will never get a scrape;

Because heaven forbid anyone have to learn that "Hey, if I do that, it will hurt me." Natural selection.

If someone was missing fingers, and when asked, replied with "When I was young I got my hand caught in a lawnmower."
Instant reaction - "Holy s**t, this guy must be a r***rd. DON'T LET HIM REPRODUCE!!!"

Now we have to worry about said idiot suing the lawnmower company, the store he bought the lawnmower from, and even the gas station where he got the gas to run the lawnmower for his own stupidity in removing his hand. Mainly because, as earlier written, he wasn't disciplined severely enough to affect his learning pattern.

Worst part is, that type of person will go to the club, pick up a really drunk or equally feeble-minded female. They will then return to either one of their homes and have unprotected sex. Nine months later, you have a deadbeat dad, a severely stressed out mother, and a child that has an uphill battle from day one. Not only socially but mentally as well, due to both genetics and circumstance.

All because someone started protecting the stupid and interfering with natural selection.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:26 PM

Helpdesk rep: "can you run a mouse up to 13 please?"
me: sure
Other: my mouse was working yesterday and now its not.
Me: (looks and sees its unplugged but cant get a word in)
Other: see its broke shouldn't there be a ball or something in it, i know i lost it.
me: Its an laser mouse..
other: and there's a short it in i know it , the mouse is shorting out.
other: oh here the other end too, it looks weird (usb end)
me: ok im going to plug the mouse back in (plugs into docking station hears windows beep saying i found it and it works)
other: i know its going to short out i know it, whats this red light on the bottom
me: its a optical mouse it doesn't use a ball. You did say it was working yesterday
other: ya its working now thanks.. wow no ball mouses (not mice)
me: (runs away before more questions can be asked)

Pure freaking space cadet 101 there...