Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   The Char Pit (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/)
-   -   Screwed Up Business Practices, Quick Buck Mfr's (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/screwed-up-business-practices-quick-buck-mfrs-30334/)

REDZMAN 07-26-2005 04:54 PM

It also helps by lengthening the air intake system and promoting higher air speeds.

I'm waiting for the high quality stuff from Outlaw Engineering, at least they won't stop making them after a few sets. Support the folks that will be making parts for us, not folks in it for a fast buck.

*THIS TOPIC IS SPLIT FROM COL96FX'S TB SPACER FOR SALE THREAD*

col96fx 07-26-2005 05:23 PM

I find that comment offensive Jeremy.
1st: The parts I make are of high quality, just ask the guys that have them.
2nd: I'm not in it for a fast buck. I make parts for my car and if people on here (and this is the only site where I offer parts) want them, I sell a small number at a very reasonable price to cover my time, effort, and delivery costs. Any money that I make goes back into my car, which you have infact benefited from by me buying parts from k-spec.
3rd: If I wanted to take business away from outlaw, I would be offering a full kit since I have already made the other spacers b4.
4th: I thought you were the 1 person here that would be supporting the members of our community, not bagging them for trying to help others out. If the members here don't want my low volume parts I'll stop offering them.

REDZMAN 07-26-2005 05:58 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (col96fx @ Jul 26 2005, 05:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I find that comment offensive Jeremy.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Ehh, sorry if you do man, but that's the way myself and several others feel.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>1st: The parts I make are of high quality, just ask the guys that have them.</div>

I've heard no complaints, except for the BBTB you made that broke and you won't fix.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>2nd: I'm not in it for a fast buck. I make parts for my car and if people on here (and this is the only site where I offer parts) want them, I sell a small number at a very reasonable price to cover my time, effort, and delivery costs.</div>

Hmm, this I don't agree with. It's funny that when the Phenolic Spacer topics come up, like when I got mine from Hondata.com , you decided to make some. Now that Proturbotiburon is getting OutlawEngineering to make us a full kit, you decide to use that as a prime time to put up your TB spacers.

Simple fact is, when we get a company to agree to make something for us (A company that will make this part as part of their line, not just 10 of them and done), it's shitty for someone else to come in at the exact same time and grab those folks away. Stuff like that makes new suppliers for parts NOT happen. I don't care that you are trying to help out 5 or 10 folks in the short run, I'm trying to help out a few thousand in the long run.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>3rd: If I wanted to take business away from outlaw, I would be offering a full kit since I have already made the other spacers b4.</div>

Didn't say you were trying to do that, I said you are trying to make a quick buck. In turn, you take business away from a project this site has been trying to help out for a couple of months.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>4th: I thought you were the 1 person here that would be supporting the members of our community, not bagging them for trying to help others out.</div>

I do support the members. The MEMBERS. You haven't been 'bagged' out, I simply reminded everyone else here about the big picture. You say you are trying to "help out", but you WOULDN'T make 65 or 70MM BBTB's for the 5 or 10 of us that were BEGGING for them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>If the members here don't want my low volume parts I'll stop offering them.</div>

That's their choice, and their spending is up to them. You can make or sell anything you want, I just voiced my opinion and views.

On a related note, I've got a Hondata.com IM spacer. I got it for FREE. I will be doing some temperature testing between it and the Outlaw Engineering one, then selling the Hondata.com one and buying two of the Outlaw Engineering sets (2 Tibs).

Guess that's not supporting new items.

offtopic.gif

This is my opinion and not that of EVERYONE. Sell your items that we "NEED", I'll support the companies that are supporting us.

NightShark 07-26-2005 07:36 PM

i dont find anything wrong with what col96fx is doing.
first off, he can make and sell whatever he wants.
just because he makes something once, doesnt mean he has to be committed to make them forever.
either way he is helping us out. For people who want a more affordable TB spacer and not the whole kit this is good.
Who said that we can only have one supplier of spacers, competition is good for everyone.
I don't see how a mod can just come in here in col96fx's personal FS post about his spacers and basically says that outlaw has better quality products and hes just in it for the fast buck. Isn't that against the rules, cause i know if any other member did that in someone elses post they would get burned for it.

REDZMAN 07-26-2005 08:21 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NightShark @ Jul 26 2005, 07:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dont find anything wrong with what col96fx is doing.

Didn't say there was anything wrong with it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>first off, he can make and sell whatever he wants.</div>

As can anyone else. Thanks for telling me my own rules.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>just because he makes something once, doesnt mean he has to be committed to make them forever.
either way he is helping us out.</div>

No one is. But that's the point, it's better to support the items that WILL be made for us, unless you are out just for yourself. Is that it? If he were trying to "Help everyone", he'd make what's asked for, not try to compete the second any new item was listed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>For people who want a more affordable TB spacer and not the whole kit this is good.</div>

Uhm, how do you know this is more affordable?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Who said that we can only have one supplier of spacers, competition is good for everyone.</div>

No one did, but that's THE POINT. He's not a supplier, he's a guy in the Auzzie Air Force making some quick cash off of government equipment and materiels.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I don't see how a mod can just come in here in col96fx's personal FS post about his spacers and basically says that outlaw has better quality products and hes just in it for the fast buck.</div>

I can't see that either, especially since a mod didn't. I did. I've been around this scene long enough to spot the schiesty folks that are in it for a buck, and I'll call them out when I do. I'm in this for the betterment of EVERYONE getting the parts, not for 5 or 10 folks. Just like I said above if you'd READ. Fact is though, Outlaw has been doing this for some time, has a good name, and does it for MANY vehicles, so yes, they most likely have better quality products.

Tell you what, someone buy one, have it sent to me, I'll do some temperature testing between both of the spacers, then send it direct to you, at my cost.

No takers?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Isn't that against the rules, cause i know if any other member did that in someone elses post they would get burned for it.</div>

Uhm, no and no. I didn't lowball him, and I didn't say he makes crap. He makes alright stuff.

Stop getting your feelings and peace loving hippie stuff in the way of THINKING.

This thread is for OZ to try to sell his products. I've stated my opinion.

Some "MOD" needs to split this now and leave a link here.

drillsergeant.gif

LarryMcFly 07-27-2005 09:44 AM

lol, you make me laugh.

Do you think that outlaw is in for the pure pleasure lmao.gif

It's pretty simple, offer and demand lol. Even if people say they want something, it doesn't mean they will go through with it.

If there are a few thousand interested person, why do you care about 5-10 wink1.gif

This proves that no matter what you do, there will be someone complaining.

hamhead 07-27-2005 09:56 AM

Although I'm all for free market, competition, and all that nice stuff, and the parts you have made looked to be pretty decent considering they were all made by one person, I can kind of agree with RedZ.

Tiburon aftermarket is small. Luring in decent-sized companies to try us out is a big thing. Chances are, we won't buy too many of one particular part compared to Eclipse, SRT-4, Supra, etc. owners. While one run of a particular product made by Col might be good in the short-term, in the long term it will leave us in a few years with no companies making parts for us. Once KSpec dies, Tiburon modifying besides custom dies. Having another few companies on board might be a saving grace.

BIGTRE13 07-27-2005 03:58 PM

we need both, big companies and the every day enthusiast to make parts.

its kind of cool to be able to say "I have 1 of 10 in the world made by a Tib owner"

Who cares how it is made as long as it is good quality, stolen Aussie AF materials all the better.

when people ask about things in my car I can say with pride "1 of 2 in the U.S.A." nana.gif

REDZMAN 07-27-2005 04:20 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LarryMcFly @ Jul 27 2005, 09:44 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Do you think that outlaw is in for the pure pleasure lmao.gif

Nope, never said that. Outlaw is in it for the money, but the simple fact is if we get a decent order in there, the items will remain around for all the COMING tuners, and the other folks that don't want to buy one right now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>It's pretty simple, offer and demand lol. Even if people say they want something, it doesn't mean they will go through with it.</div>

It's called supply and demand. Nice try. But you proved my point. Undercutting the demand right when the supply is becoming available limits the demand, which will limit the supply.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>If there are a few thousand interested person, why do you care about 5-10 wink1.gif</div>

Overall my man, beta 1 and 2 tuners (Both of which can use these), number in the THOUSANDS. Unfortunately, with some buying NOW, some later, and some much later, 5 to 10 folks missing on a GB that requires 30 folks is enough to make it not happen at all. Once a decent company has gone thru all the required effort and cost of getting such a item ready, they won't do it again. There are other companies I've found, some with custom carpet mats for us, VERY nice, they fit like OEM, but now that the demand is there, they won't make them anymore because they got NO SALES when they DID offer them.

See my point?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>This proves that no matter what you do, there will be someone complaining.</div>

Everyone should complain about someone trying to get a quick buck and screwing others.

Let me put it this way. If you went thru all the hassle of getting a new part, let's say a strut bar for Airram's, all ready and good to go, you are finishing your prototype, and <span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">I</span> came on here offering the same item for the same price or a bit less, but only 4 of them. Your requirement for your GB was that at least 10 be sold to make up for your costs, just to break even, and in your interest thread you had 12 ready to buy.

How would you feel? Would you make more?

Thought not.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead @ Jul 27 2005, 09:56 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Having another few companies on board might be a saving grace.

Exactly

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BIGTRE13 @ Jul 27 2005, 03:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>when people ask about things in my car I can say with pride "1 of 2 in the U.S.A." nana.gif

Yeah, but is that worth it when it comes down to the future of others tuning our cars?

UltraTibby 07-27-2005 06:30 PM

I have to say I can see both points. But for the most part I have to agree with Redz. Now don't get me wrong. I think it is really cool that col is able to make some of these parts but it does not help us (or hyundai in general) build a reputable aftermarket in which large companys are attracted. If a medium size company like Outlaw can get going for us then it is only a mater of time before hopefully larger companies will start to pay attention.