The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

R. I. P. Spazzy

Old 09-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6
Default R. I. P. Spazzy

Last night our long time beloved pet rabbit Spazzy came down with bloat and passed away. He was fine earlier in the day, and by the time we knew he was sick and not just feeling antisocial there was nothing we could do. Bloat is almost always fatal in rabbits, as they can't be treated like a dog or a cow (bloat is common in both) with a syringe directly to the stomach because rabbit's stomachs will not heal.

I know a lot of people don't think of rabbits as a "normal" house pet, but he was the best pet I've had in my entire life. He was always so happy to see us, and he loved to hop over and get petted. He would sit under my computer chair for hours keeping me company. He was litter trained and allowed to run freely through our house most of the time.

He will be missed by us, and more so for me than any other pet I've lost in my life. Thinking about never seeing him again is more than I can handle.

R. I. P. little buddy. sad.gif
Old 09-11-2009, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i'm sorry... he sounds adorable. we used to keep rabbits in poland when i was a kid. i remember feeding them was so much fun!

it's sad but remember time will heal, and remember how many new rabbits are born. just to cheer you up my boxers go silly chasing them in the yard! 5 little ones seeing these big gorillas after then running for their lives haha.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE

He was always ready for a treat, and he never really acted like a rabbit. He acted like a wolf and would grunt, growl and attack a toy when you would play with him. Hubby has a video of him attacking a remote control car! its so funny! We have two other rabbits and one of them is our new one Alice (for Alice Cooper because she has black around her eyes and her ears are black), and she was his mate. She acts a bit like him. We are hoping that she is pregnant with his babies but not sure!

R.I.P. BABY BUNNY!!!!