Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   The Char Pit (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/)
-   -   MOTHER F#CKER!!!!!!! (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/mother-f-cker-69476/)

Visionz 06-30-2012 12:15 PM

MOTHER F#CKER!!!!!!!

So, I'm at the mechanics getting the Genesis its 2nd alignment in a week because they didnt do it right the first time. So, they go and get into my car and didnt know where reverse was. They had it in first gear, press on the gas, and guess what happens? The car goes flying forward and crashes into a guard rail. My mouth literally dropped and I was in shock they did something so careless. Sooooo....I have to take it back to them on Monday morning so they can have someone from their body shop get it and fix the damage. Uggg...this is why I HATE taking my car anywhere to be fixed because you're at the mercy of other peoples incompetence! I swear to god...if the body shop doesnt make the car 100% perfect, the world will not be ready for the wrath that will be unleashed on these people!

The front bumper is cracked in 3 places, paint is rubbed off in a few spots, and my black Genesis wing emblem is bent. :disappinted2:

WytchDctr 06-30-2012 12:45 PM

I would have it taken to another shop and let them pay. Letting them pick the body shop screams they are going to go cheap on you.

Visionz 06-30-2012 12:57 PM

Oh hell no....i will be making sure its 100% perfect and will not accept anything less. If it the bumper wasnt cracked, I'd just fix it myself. My only concern is that they match the paint perfectly and they use quality stuff like PPG.

DTN 06-30-2012 12:58 PM

heh... that sucks hardcore... but I have this image in my head of the guy properly looking backwards with his arm all over the back of the seat and then driving forward and crashing the car.... it's hilarious to think about the guy doing it, but really bad for your car :(

i8acobra 06-30-2012 09:35 PM

My Mustang got sideswiped when I had 3K miles on it. I dropped it at the Ford dealer to get fixed. When I picked it up, there was a dent and crack in the front bumper. The writer told me it was there when I dropped it off. I about came un-f*cking-glued. The ended up fixing it.

Tibbi 07-01-2012 09:47 PM

Man I feel your pain.

Old sad stories, so long you she gets taken care of correctly. That's what really matters

majik 07-01-2012 10:56 PM

A Free Lifetime Alignment would be a good offer from this place, but I'm not sure I'd let them touch the car again.

Please update with their response and reaction. I'd expect some serious ass kissing from the owner.

wheel_of_steel 07-02-2012 05:36 AM

What boot size are you, V?

I wonder just how much a tyre tech can pucker.

Visionz 07-02-2012 07:46 AM

lol

Car was dropped off last night, so they have it now. Hopefully it wont take them too long to get it fixed. I'm guessing it will take a couple of days for the bumper to come in, and a day to paint it, a day to color buff & sand it and make sure everything is matched, and if all goes well, I should have it back by the weekend....even with Wednesday being a holiday.

faithofadragon 07-02-2012 07:55 AM

Bet it takes 2 weeks