The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Medical insurance is a joke...and it's only gotten worse.

Old 08-14-2014, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Profiteering? Should McDonalds make a profit? Should Luby's? People need to eat as well.

Speaking of expensive insurance: a large part of the reason medical care is expensive is the PROVIDERS have to have insurance because we need some serious tort reform also in this country.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Yes. Profiteering. Look up the definition. The definition is not, "making a profit". As I've said hundreds of times... Fix it ALL by shuttering Wall Street. No more public ownership = no more problems. Privately owned companies don't need to open their books to shareholders and get to give analysts who drive unreasonable profits the finger.

prof·i·teer

noun \ˌprä-fə-ˈtir\

: one who makes what is considered an unreasonable profit especially on the sale of essential goods during times of emergency
Old 08-15-2014, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

I disagree that universal health care wouldn't work in the US. Canada and Australia are not that different. As for wait times being soooo long. That's a myth. Show up with an actual medical emergency and you get seen right away. Go to the hospital with a sore foot? You're waiting 6-8 hours because it's not an emergency. That's what our walk-in clinics or your family doctor are for. We still need seperate health insurance for things that aren't covered like the dentist, glasses, medication. I have insurance through my employer, cost is around $200 a month but covers my whole family and includes disabilty and life insurance.

Universal health care is great. Why are Americans so apprehensive towards something that they have never experienced first hand. I hear people say "oh it would never work". Thats the same thing people in Canada told Tommy Douglas when he introduced the idea to the government. Today he is seen a hero.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:55 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

faux news might have something to do with that.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:07 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

As for wait times being soooo long. That's a myth. Show up with an actual medical emergency and you get seen right away. Go to the hospital with a sore foot? You're waiting 6-8 hours because it's not an emergency. That's what our walk-in clinics or your family doctor are for. We still need seperate health insurance for things that aren't covered like the dentist, glasses, medication. I have insurance through my employer, cost is around $200 a month but covers my whole family and includes disabilty and life insurance.

Universal health care is great.

+1, it works that way here as well.

The other factor not mentioned, is that universal healthcare more or less works automatically.

You can choose to 'rice out' your healthcare if you want to, but joe blow can simply live his life, and just rock up at a hospital for 'free' and get anything he needs treated. And that's how it should be.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:55 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

Thank f*ck iI live in Canada !..I pay nothing, been in and out since a kid having numerous surgeries because I'm half deaf, been sick for the last 4 years, had a tripple bypass, gallbladder removal, cant count the days in the hospital!?...I pay nothing !, and have sick time at work so I get paid to be sick!..I love Canada
Old 09-12-2014, 02:02 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Yep, we all have opinions.

I'm glad a bunch of people b*tching on the internet we able to resolve something.