The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Importshark

Old 10-04-2005, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom didn't take anyones money ....... Tom (Me) does not see any money from imported body kits, That is Mikes division. I only handle the Cuda, JS, and Ixion kits.

The issue is with the buyer and the Importshark "East Coast" office (Mike). Not the Midwest office which is me (Tom).

BUT, since I have am in the position to do this, here is what is going to happen.

THERE WILL BE NO MORE BODY KITS IMPORTED UNTIL THE CURRENT ISSUES ARE RESOLVED. I will be removing imported kits from the site until ALL current orders are filled and shipped. Once that is done I will look into another way of getting kits to the U.S. ......

btcorrad I understand your frame of mind ..... and know how you feel, I have been in your shoes, we all have at one time or another ..... but honestly there is an easier way than to involve lawyers and such. Just find someone to buy the kit, I guarantee someone will jump on it, if it sells before Rick ships it, he can just ship it to the new buyer. That is just a suggestion, but honestly things will change .....
Old 10-05-2005, 02:20 AM

Tom, for surface value that almost makes sense. However, we have no idea when or if Rick is even getting these kits in. So far, all I've gotten is excuses and refusals and this will be the 3rd kit to speak of in regards to me, even though I've never seen 1.

Walk with me:

Say you buy a ticket for $2000 from Ticketmaster to a Rolling Stones concert scheduled for 2 weeks from purchase date. Their policy is no refunds for shows.

2 weeks come and go, the concert is posponed with a seemingly legitimate reason to a date some 2 or 3 weeks later.

5 more weeks pass (7 total weeks now) and you're told the concert will go scheduled as planned the following evening.

The following evening passes, no concert, no excuse. The following day you're told the program director had a family emergency and had to go out of the country for 10 days.

After several months of no updates, you go back to Ticketmaster demanding a refund. They say "no refund" and suggest you take up the problem with the Rolling Stones program director because it is his fault. Or, the suggest you could always try to sell the tickets to another 'Stones fan before their show actually goes on.

What planet does that make sense on?
Old 10-05-2005, 06:37 AM

I probably have no place in this, but I wholeheartedly believe this guy deserves a refund. I mean, he has been lied to over and over and still hasn't gotten his product 5 months later. How can you expect someone to wait 5 whole months? I mean, 2 months is even lengthy, but tolerable under the no refund policy. 5 months though? Is he going to have to wait 6 months... or even a year for a simple body kit if he still wanted it? What was the point of him spending hundreds of dollars if he still can't have something? If you can't produce the product to the expected and/or given date, than you should not give the product. I see you will be taking body kits off until all are shipped out, but perhaps you need a better process for kits in general. Seeing as how this disaster came about, maybe it is time to start re-thinking your policies. This isn't a $20 video game that never got to him in the mail. This is a multi-hundred dollar body kit for a car. He can't just spend another grand or so on another kit and say "Oh well." What if he had plans for a show, or any plans to speak of? They were completely ruined by this factor. I know the fault is being pointed at different people, but I really do believe he deserves a refund. I used to work for a marine forensic investigation firm and came across cases like this often (people would expect and/or be promised certain things for business purposes, and were lied to, thus causing the lawsuit in general). Besides, how do you expect him to sell this kit off and hope to get his money back? Not everyone is willing to spend such a gigantic amount of money so quickly. It could be months or even years before he sells this kit IF he ever gets it.

I'm just trying to help. I mean really now... a few weeks or a couple of months is one thing, but 5 months? It's really just out of hand. I do realize that some of you are not responsible, but you work for this company. Instead of letting it go, you should have worked hard at it to get your customer their product in a reasonable amount of time. I hope you resolve your issues with the other companies you deal with though.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:13 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

They are a company in Korea correct. Why would it take 5 MONTHS to ship a body kit. Either it's a one mans show, or they don't really seem to care how they are thought of. I'm in my 4th year in majoring international Business adminstration, and I'll tell you one thing, this whole situation situation is POOR busniess practice no matter which way you look at it. Concidering they were one of the only vendors they can afford situations like this because people still demand products and they can't purchase them from anywhere else. I wonder why the business went?

As for the Importshark company, what kind of management policies and long run customer service do you guys go by? Because I think now that after 2000 members here that might of read this thread will think twice and maybe three times before making a decission to purchase your products. I know I will. Poor customer service and in business that is one major factor of being succesful and having a net income.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:36 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (01importshark @ Oct 5 2005, 06:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Blah blah blah<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

They won't accept refunds on goods exchanged for money. I NEVER GOT THE GOODS, SIR.

As for your bogus, "5 months is nothing, so-and-so waited X months, I waited X months" is neither appropriate nor intelligent. Let me try and spell it out for simplicity's sake.

1: When I ordered the kit, they had IN WRITING, on the website, a note on all body kits stating "allow 4-6 weeks for delivery". Since then, since they have NO accountability, they have changed it to "allow ample time for delivery" or some such garbage. My order would be legally grandfathered to the orignial terms only allowing no refund legally, IF I recieved the kit within the ORIGINAL shipping terms that they themselves contracted to. It has been 5 months, not 4-6weeks.

2: When I bought the kit, he said he had it in his warehouse, in good shape, READY TO SHIP WITH NO WAIT. NOT 5 MONTHS.

3: After taking his sweet time to discover the kit in the warehouse was damaged, AFTER the cash cleared their bank, he then tells me he has another kit in customs that he could get to me in a couple weeks, if I so desired. NOT 5 MONTHS.

3:I feel people like you are ultimately to blame for scenarios like these even happening. It is, to me, your seemingly blind allegience to companies with business terms that i consider questionable that allow them to believe their practices are proper.

4:They themselves ADMIT to having no idea when the kits will ship yet, they have been taking orders for kits EVEN AFTER THEY KNEW RICK HAD A PROBLEM MONTHS AGO.

Jeez, some people amaze me. This whole issue is cut and dry. They took money in exchange for goods that were to be delivered within a specific amount of time. Their "no refunds" policy ceases to become binding as soon as they fail to meet their own terms of delivery.

This is NOT between me and Rick. It is up to THEM to get THEIR money from him after they refund ME since the arrangement was between ME and THEM. Whatever they decided to do with Rick is between THEM and RICK. It's basic situational mathematics for pete's sake.

And again, I guess you would be IMPATIENT if you were forced to wait 5 months for your bimonthly paycheck that you had already worked for, huh?
Old 10-05-2005, 07:59 AM

@01importshark:

Let me get this straight....

Just because "so and so" waited 9 months for a kit, that makes it acceptable? And just because they had the time/money to wait so long, everyone does?

Even more...you believe it is acceptable to promise a product in 4-6 weeks, but not deliver it until 9 months later?

No offense, but that's beyond foolish.

He deserves a refund, and one way or another - whether ImportShark would agree now - he will get it.

Just because it was from Korea does not mean it is above and beyond the law. Stealing is stealing, and thus far, that's exactly what has happened.

Now, as for this thread alone has greatly damaged ImportShark's reputation, and no one in their right mind would order something from them after 2 seconds in this thread.

But, once it becomes a lawsuit (which is public info, by the way) and their listed as negative with the BBB, I can assure you ImportShark will be the one on the losing side of this.

This has nothing to do with Rick...what deals Tom and Rick make behind closed doors is their business. No where during the transaction was the customer made aware his product may get pushed off to an outside party who supposedly all responsibility would go with.

This is Tom/ImportShark's responsibility alone. btcorrad already has a lawyer on the case - does ImportShark really think their customer base of 3 fools who think it's ok to wait 3/4 of a year for a kit is OK will carry them through a damaging lawsuit?

Think again. This guy waited 5 months, and you bring up people who have waited longer, almost as much as twice as long - so obviously this isn't the first time something like this has happened.

Which makes me wonder - why is such a low company/person even allowed to sell/advertise on this site? I don't know if it's a close group of friends excusing each other of their wrongs or what, but it sure is not in anyone's best interest, that's for sure.

This is on par with Shark Racing, and that says quite a bit...
Old 10-05-2005, 08:05 AM

1st of all, 01importshark, expect your post to be mod edited.

As for the rest, yes, a written condition stating, "allow 4-6 weeks for delivery' is a guarantee to be at my door, in 4-6 weeks. Ask a lawyer. Also, in writing, I have a further guarantee to have the item shipped to me as soon as the money cleared which is admissable in court. It cleared 5 months ago so, in this case, yes, it is cut and dry.

And you say they don't have to refund unless I NEVER get the kit? What is your legal suggested time frame for never? I'm not talking about your OPINION on this issue. It's simple legalities. You are incorrect. Leave it at that.

You are correct, if I get the kit BEFORE it is resolved in court then, I would receive no refund. At this point it's just a matter of whether or not that happens. I'm not going to wait and see.