The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Importshark

Old 10-04-2005, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Jaws. FIX YOUR SIG!!!

LOL

Anyways, looks like they do have it on their site.

http://www.importshark.com/store/notes/shipping.htm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Return Policy
<span style="color:red"><span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%">All sales are final.</span></span></div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Importshark will not accept used parts, closeout items, or <span style="color:red"><span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%">special order items. Special order items include, but are not limited to: Body Kits, Hoods and some imported items.</span></span> All returns must be received within 30 days of the delivery date.</div>
Old 10-04-2005, 10:49 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i think its a bit different when he hasnt recieved crap though.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:55 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Out of Stock/Backorder Items
If any item that has been purchased, is out of stock or on backorder, Importshark will make every effort to locate that item and have it shipped as soon an humanly possible. If we are unable to locate a particular item a refund will be issued.</div>

^also stated on there site.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:59 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ Oct 4 2005, 10:49 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think its a bit different when he hasnt recieved crap though.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Not really. It's an imported item, the money for the item is gone and the kit is in hand. Just not theirs. Rick posted that other thread and fully claims responsiblity. Go read it mang!
Old 10-04-2005, 11:10 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i did. i dont think it matters who claims responsibility though, its a matter of who collected the money. so will rick be issuing the refund?

we need a exact date as to when the refund will be issued. rick says he just sold his compnay for 20k. does that mean this guy should be getting his money soon?
Old 10-04-2005, 11:18 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Oct 4 2005, 09:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Jaws. FIX YOUR SIG!!!

Disculpa SeƱor

the customer should NOT have to contact real. Contacting Real is importsharks problem...

The customer bought it through import shark, not through Real...

I hate it when companies due that...
By selling they assume responsibility for that.
mad.gif
Old 10-04-2005, 11:22 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ Oct 4 2005, 11:10 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i did. i dont think it matters who claims responsibility though, its a matter of who collected the money. so will rick be issuing the refund?

we need a exact date as to when the refund will be issued. rick says he just sold his compnay for 20k. does that mean this guy should be getting his money soon?

No, it doesn't matter who claims responsiblity, but they do not issue refunds for such items, as they have listed on their site. So, I highly doubt there will be any refund.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jaws021 @ Oct 4 2005, 11:18 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>the customer should NOT have to contact real. Contacting Real is importsharks problem...

The customer bought it through import shark, not through Real...

I hate it when companies due that...
By selling they assume responsibility for that.
mad.gif

I agree, Importshark needs to work it out with rick and get him his kit. He can then sell it if need be. BTCorrad is a friend of mine here in ABQ, so I'm not taking any sides. I just know that it's listed on their site that there are no refunds for imported items.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:25 PM

I've always been under the impression that Import Shark is a very reputable vendor. I got my Type R skirts in no time & was VERY impressed with Tom.

That being said, it angers me when a seller passes the buck to someone else. ESPECIALLY when that someone else wasn't a part of the initial transaction.

The site may disclaim that no refunds are allowed. But you can't take someone's money, not give him the product and then send him to a 3rd party to sort things out 5 months later.

Ethically & morally wrong business practices can ruin goodwill.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:28 PM

My lawyer is not a moron. Attempts at contact have been made and refused and/or ignored. Mike, has proven to me to be untrustworthy and insulting my lawyer doesn't discredit that. I can see this will need to go to court which is ok with me.

I do not need to contact REAL. Importshark's unprofessional problems with them is just that, their problems.

I have not received the goods and there has been an excessive wait. Changing Importshark's current shipping estimates on the site doesn't apply here as I have Mike's expressed estimates in writing. Even then, at the time of purchase, the original website terms were 4-6 weeks so, my purchase is grandfathered by those terms.

I'm not stupid and this whole REAL Eng. excuse sounds like a scam. I had no business dealings with Rick. Mike thinks he can shift responsibility to Rick and wash his hands. Rick would just have to say,"I have no record of business with you" if I attempted to approach him. I'm not getting myself further entangled in Importshark/REAL's mess so that both parties can blow me off. Mike/Importshark has obligation to me and needs to work out things with Rick themselves.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:47 PM

Take it to court dude.

A refund for a broken, unfunctioning part is one thing. Paying money, never getting a product, and wanting that money back is completely different.

To refund something would assume the buyer has it, and would like to give it back. The buyer does not have it, and would like his money back since no product was ever delivered.

Besides, if Tom pushes his responsibilities off on REAL, then a: Tom should have let him know REAL now has the kit, and they will be shipping it and b: Just because Tom let someone else take responsibility for a sale HE made does not mean he is free and clear from all responsibility.

If someone buys something from me and I accept their money, then give that product to a guy named Roger, and Roger never sends it - that is MY problem - not just Rogers.

Tom took this guys money and delivered excuses instead of products...Tom then let REAL, who had no part known to the buyer in this transaction, take the fall and the responsibility for it not being delivered. That is untrustworthy and shady on every level - and things like that surely don't side positive in court.

I was looking at import shark's site today, thinking of ordering a kit. That definitely won't be happening.