The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Don't Be that Guy/Girl!

Old 05-11-2010, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Tibby
Default Don't Be that Guy/Girl!

Ok, I have a question and suggestion.

Here's the issue: The person who see's your car on the road and just has to catch up to you no matter what! These types cant just say nice car and leave you alone, oh no....that would be to easy.

These people won't leave you alone until you park the car or ditch them. There the types who will "floor it" to catch up to you even though there a few miles behind. They will cut people off, push their cars to limit, and even chance causing a car accident just to catch up to you!! All this while your obeying all the traffic laws and not showing off or bothering anyone!

When they catch up to you, even if you slow down so they'll pass, they fly past you. Then what do they do??? They slow down to your speed just to get next to you. Then they block the other lane of traffic to stay next to you!!I've had this get so bad I slowed down to 45mph in a 65mph zone, in an attempt to get them away from my car!! Didn't work!!

They will follow you every where you go, every exit you take or turn you make; just trying to race! This happens even if they know they can't match your performance! I've even had motorcycles do this!

1. Does this happen to anyone else (if so what happened)??? I have alot of stories on this too!

2. DON'T be that DRIVER!!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 05:38 PM

Vehicle: 2011/Hyundai/Sonata SE

lol, i still dont have a modded car, so i dont no how that feels, but when i see a car thats modded and looks fast, i try to avoid races as much as possible, cause i don't like getting smoked XP
Old 08-30-2010, 06:41 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yep. Had that happen before. If I want to tell someone nice car, I will pass them with a thumbs up. Blocking traffic is one of my peeves.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DTN @ Aug 30 2010, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>pass them with a thumbs up.</div>

+1

If this happens a lot, you might want to make up a sign readable from the next lane: I don't race on the<u> street</u>
Old 08-31-2010, 06:29 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

I've only "been that guy" like 2 times, except i just sped to catch up to see/hear the vehicle, had no intentions of racing

One was a Ferrari 430 super sport, i'm sorry but it was absolutely gorgeous and sounded amazing

The other one was a Porsche GT3RS, ^ same excuse as above

I get people doing it all the time, come up next to me and rev their motor or chirp their bov a few times. I'll be the first to admit that a few of them have set me off with a "thumbs down"

+
Funniest occurrence was a integra type r that had rode my ass for 5 previous miles after i didn't pay attention to him, dropped into 3rd and starting pulling, heard a loud bang looked in the mirror and just saw smoke billowing from his hood as he made his way to the shoulder.

Depending on the car, how i feel that day and traffic I'll either:
A. Leave them in the dust
B. Keep driving like their not even there
Old 09-01-2010, 09:59 AM

Vehicle: No Car Currently

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SR Tech @ Aug 31 2010, 05:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Funniest occurrence was a integra type r that had rode my ass for 5 previous miles after i didn't pay attention to him, dropped into 3rd and starting pulling, heard a loud bang looked in the mirror and just saw smoke billowing from his hood as he made his way to the shoulder.</div>
You coulda just waved at me you jerk, you didnt have to make me blow my engine.

Kidding, ive never had this happen to me because nobody wants to race an Accent.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:12 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

happens almost every time i am on ft. riley blvd. in manhattan, ks. 95% of the time it is a G.I. fresh from the sandbox that just blew his big check on a car.

easiest thing for me to do is pull into the cop station right off the blvd. they tend to turn around really quick cause i guess they think i am a cop,lol.