The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Car dealers are @$$3$

Old 02-27-2010, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02 Accent GL, 86 BMW 325es
Default Car dealers are @$$3$

So I was in town today with a friend at a pet shop looking for some fish, and I decided to go across the street and take a look at this WRX.
http://beardmore.subaru.com/used/Subaru/20...f52ed5abb4b.htm
When I got there, I noticed there was ALOT more than those pictures showed for damage. The hoodscoops paint was peeling, they showed that, but they didn't show the massive key line going down the hood. Thats fine, but the worse was on the driver side rear panel. It got sideswiped and was rusting out pretty bad back there. They didn't picture that, wonder why.

Anyway, I wasn't upset about any of that, I can fix all that, what I can't fix was the car salesmans attitude. He walked towards my friend and I, I shook his hand and got talking. I wanted to take it for a test drive, but I didn't want to say that at first, I wanted to see what he knew. He was asking me questions about my Accent, he started to badmouth Hyundais, said the Genesis was a FWD mistake they should've never made. Hmm. I asked him about the damage on the car, he said 'oh thats what these cars are good for, its gonna happen'.

I decided to ask questions about that specific model to see what he knew; HP, different headlights styles between models, why I should get this over the 03, stuff like that. He was actually quite knowledgeable about it, but when I asked if he had the keys to open it, because the owner before put alot of STI stuff in it, all he replied with was 'They're inside'. Okay....apparently he doesn't want a sale? After that, he just kept repeating 'Subaru Subaru Subaru' over and over. I was so pissed, we just got in my car and left. Im just gonna have to drive to another state looking for one now, last time I go back to that dealer.

Well anyway, thats my rant for the day, by all means post all your horrid dealership stories laugh.gif
Old 02-27-2010, 11:54 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

There's not enough internet for me to post all my a-hole car salesman stories.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:47 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

So... a salesman tries to sell you a car by dissing your current car?

I had a Nissan sales manager bad mouth Hyundais to me, and then tell me he used to work for a Hyundai dealership (only b/c I told him that was my other consideration). I quickly told him he had no clue what he was talking about and showed him pics of my car, along with a little history I had. Then I got up and walked out.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:41 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Same thing here when I was looking at a SS Cobalt...some people are good at selling things but know nothing about the cars they are trying to sell.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:58 AM

Vehicle: 2010 nothing

i was trying to get an 04 xB from a local lot before i got my Accent. the salesman said that "no one will be able to finance you without at least $2000 down." well, needless to say i left the lot, went to the next town over and picked up my Accent for $1000 down. i guess he just didn't want to make a sale that day. also, that xB is STILL sitting on the lot.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:33 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

sounds all too familiar.

well i have two notable ones. first time i was 16 years old. this asshat tried to get me to buy a Hyundai knowing i don't have my license, nor do i have money, without my parents knowing. ???? the other was when a similar fellow tried to get me to trade in my paid-off, faster, better, cheaper, hooked up tiburon for a $17,000 GK. yeah buddyy.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:49 AM

Vehicle: 2007 hyundai tiburon

just the other day had to take my tiburon in to have the car alarm reprogrammed, anyways while I was waiting this salesman that I ahte comes up and once again is trying to talk me into buying a new gen coupe. I have told him this everytime he asks that I am not in the market. this time he tells me to trade in my tib. Just to see what he would say I asked him how much they would give me for it. He said that the manage has authorized him to give me 12k for it... So I stand up and told him that not only did I purchase the tib from this very dealership for 21k in 07 that I still owe 7k on the car. plus all the aftermarket mods that I have done to the car and the parts I have sitting at home waiting to be installed. I told him even if the car was stock I wouldnt trade it in cause its really not worth it. I may as well keep it as a toy at that rate. Let alone all the work I have put into it for him to expect me to trade it in right then and there for a car that im going to end up having larger payments on for a longer time... anyways after my rant with him my car was ready and I just went signed the paperwork and left... I really need to go to a dif hyundai dealer.