Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   The Char Pit (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/)
-   -   Car bought 30 Sept 16..... (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/car-bought-30-sept-16-a-81937/)

Cujo 12-05-2016 11:16 AM

Car bought 30 Sept 16.....

And the f*cking dealership STILL hasn't gotten it registered. It's not even a shitty little dealership, it's a highly reputable dealership here in VA. I've been through 3 sets of temp tags and have had to go back to resign papers 7 times. The car is mine and I'm making payments but because I'm military and a FL resident I want to register my car in FL not VA. All they have to do is get the tags transferred to my new one. I'm wondering if there is anything I can legally do. My wife agreed that if it's not registered by years end that we are going to the owner about it..... or bringing AF legal into it.

Visionz 12-05-2016 01:35 PM

What's their excuse for not being able to register it? Have you talked to the bank also or will they not get involved?

Cujo 12-05-2016 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Visionz (Post 713989)
What's their excuse for not being able to register it? Have you talked to the bank also or will they not get involved?

Car is financed through Hyundai. Their excuse is always "this paper was signed wrong" or" You forgot to give us a paper" or "You never gave us your old registration"..... all of which has been BS.

JonGTR 12-05-2016 01:52 PM

I believe in Texas we have 30 days to transfer titles due to liability reasons. You may want to check your state laws. Try calling the DMV.

Cujo 12-05-2016 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by JonGTR (Post 713991)
I believe in Texas we have 30 days to transfer titles due to liability reasons. You may want to check your state laws. Try calling the DMV.

If that's the case then the dealership is going to owe me BIG. I could have just driven the car down there and registered it 60X for the trouble they are giving me.

HyundaiKitCoupe 12-05-2016 02:30 PM

Hyundai dealers are pricks man. Stay clear from them. Every Hyundai I get is used. Period.

What you do is go to the MVA and tell them, or tell the State Trooper about your case. I had a Trooper threaten my friend's driving school with his badge if they didn't hand over his certificate immediately LOL. That was loads of fun. They will know what to do.

Tibbi 12-05-2016 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by JonGTR (Post 713991)

:word:

That's the law here as well. You should very muck look into that. They have you in a hazardous spot if anything were to happen to that car.

JonGTR 12-06-2016 06:53 AM

Right now, you're driving and insuring THEIR car. lol

You could get your bank involved as well.