Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   The Char Pit (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/)
-   -   3 Near Accidents Due To Road Rage. (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/char-pit-47/3-near-accidents-due-road-rage-44548/)

Korean_Redneck 08-14-2007 02:34 PM

Ok... well. My tiburon's turn signals only work when it wants to work. I don't know what the problem is but it just happened 2 days ago. So, when it doesn't work, I use my hand to signal; left hand straight out means "left turn" and left arm bent means "right turn". I did it in a fashion where they know I"m doing a hand signal and now just simply having my arm out like alot of drivers do. So I'm trying to make a right turn and I had my arm bent on a 90 degree angle, the cars behind kept on honking for me to go straight! They didn't know the hand signal. This happened twice at different signals. Another time is when I wanted to make a left turn. The truck driver behind me honked his semi horn several times for me to go... oh boy! Hand signal people!! Hand signals!!! I wonder if motorcyclist are safe using hand signals because no one knows them. I still remember alot of things in driver's ed.

'treezy 08-14-2007 02:38 PM

I always consider the fact that I'm invisible on a bike. The only time I hand signal is when cops are around, if need be. Otherwise why bother, nobody looks at you if you're on a bike anyways. I figure if I get side swiped by someone changing lanes it's my fault for being in their way in the first place. Bikes are a minority nobody cares about.

You're taking about doing all this in your car though right?

HyundaiKitCoupe 08-14-2007 02:39 PM

yeah gary, my friend had that turning signal problem too. it's the damn ticker underneath the plastic piece behind the steering wheel cover. it also has a special name to it thati forget. it has to be replaced.

my friend was doing the same exact thing with the hand signals, also said it was a POS. what's also a POS is how to fix the signal. it's somekind of plastic box that's hard to take out. it burns out.

Korean_Redneck 08-14-2007 02:41 PM

Yeah, tommarow night I'm going to take my dash off and stuff to see if there's any lose connections or something.

^^

Thanks, HKC. I'll take note of that.

HyundaiKitCoupe 08-14-2007 02:41 PM

yeah i heard sometimes the metal gets burnt out and all you have to do to fix it is solder it back. but it's a pain in the ass to find it and take it out. it should be a black box where the ticking sound comes from.

ah it's called the flasher/relay.

Alex01tib 08-14-2007 03:27 PM

Yah its the flasher, my sister's grand am flasher went bad and none of the lights worked.

Quick check on gaowndersclub.com and i bought the right part and installed it for her, voila.

BlizagaXx 08-15-2007 11:50 PM

I don't mean to beat a dead horse or anything, but did you fix the problem KR? The flasher is most likely the problem. I never bothered looking for the flasher on my tib, but it is usually under the dashboard on the drivers side around the fuse panel area. They are about 8-15 dollars at a parts store depending on what brand/quality you get. Hope that helps any...

DTN 08-16-2007 12:47 AM

I went looking for the flasher and the door ding sounder once... I couldn't find either. I've got about 10 relays and other small boxes under there which is making it difficult to figure out what is what. Most of them I've installed. I'd never sell my baby, but, I feel sorry for whoever salvages my car after it goes to the junk yard..

Korean_Redneck 08-16-2007 12:25 PM

It took me 10 seconds to find. It's right on top of the clutch pedal. There should be a black box and if you look carefully, it should read "T/Signal" or something like that. The bell is a metal canister looking thing on top of the gas pedal.

Alex01tib 08-16-2007 12:36 PM

And the flasher fixed the problem KR?

just need some confirmation so we can close the thread knowing that if somebody has the same problem they will be getting the right answer.