Canada All Canadian members here.

Last night's drive home

Old 10-27-2009, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Accent
Default Last night's drive home

So i get off work... midnight.. im driving home.. i merge onto a main road.. i notice traffic coming up rather fast.. so i rip it.. 1st gear.. 2nd gear.. let off because traffic slows down a little.. but still moving.. i look to my left.. and i see an acura 1.7EL. VERY clean.. lip kit all around.. nice clean wheels.. pearl paint, hid fogs and heads.. and i notice the passenger and driver just going nuts in the car, taking pics of my car and giving me mad thumbs up.. i think... wtf? i tune it out.. keep driving.. i hit 3rd gear.. i look beside me.. it's this same 1.7EL.. still going nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnuts! im trying to at this point figure out if i recognize the driver and passenger.. nope.. strangers..

so i ease on the gas.. he does too.. and that's when i hear the bov pop off... and it alllllllll made sense..

as i merged.. i ended up beside them.. they had their windows down.. and must've heard my bov.. and once they heard it.. and saw what it was coming from... they absolutely went apeshit!

ended up cruising side by side for about 8-9 lights doing 40mph, they ended up asking if i want to have a coffee and show the car somewhere. i say sure.. follow them a few streets down.. park.. and shoot the sh*t.

Coolest thing ever.. to have someone with a much much nicer, much better built car (let alone a honda/acura guy) come up to me and be totally appreciative of the accent.

he was blown away by the fact that it's a boosted hyuindai.. let alone an accent LOL

LOVED it... absolutely LOVED it..

asked if htye could take pics.. i said sure, so they took copious amounts of pics of the car.

he said him and his brother were driving.. and they heard a bov.. looked at eachother.. passenger went... that wasnt you was it? driver said no man.. that wasnt me... and then i guess i let off in 3rd... and they heard it again.. and immediately they just freaked out completely and were like.. "no f*cking way.. there's NO way that accent just popped a bov" and that's when they flagged me down and asked to chat.

smile.gif

Overall very VERY cool experience.

shuold have more people like that driving around.. who appreciate things for what they are.. vs let branding or ego's get in the way.

and btw. his setup was SS manifold.. SS downpipe.. SS exhaust (3" with testpipe.. no cat) GT30R turbo, tial 38mm wastegate, 10psi.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

Guess there are some people left in this world with respect. Good story man, to bad you didn't find out what board they post on, I am sure there will be a story on your car somewere with pics.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

It is cool when you find people like that. I was at the LeMay car show showing the Accent and I was talking to a really nice guy for probably 10 minutes about it and he was telling me how much he liked what I had done, etc. As it turned out he flew up from California just to see the LeMay collection. We got to talking about his cars and he has a collection of Porche 911's, a new Ford GT, a couple of Ferraris, and several more. He was a really cool guy to spend that time looking over my car and complimenting me despite my total investment not being able to pay for a set of wheels and tires for most of his cars.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:03 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HotBlue02 @ Oct 27 2009, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Guess there are some people left in this world with respect. Good story man, to bad you didn't find out what board they post on, I am sure there will be a story on your car somewere with pics.</div>

haha no worries.. we exchanged numbers, msn's and facecracks.. and it turns out he works for the shop that will be drilling out my rims!

ill probably see him again tonight..

ran into him on the way TO work today and cruised for a few blocks LOL

Old 10-27-2009, 02:08 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>shuold have more people like that driving around.. who appreciate things for what they are.. vs let branding or ego's get in the way.</div>

same here!

great story! yeah i wish that was always the case. that's really awesome. i go apesh*t when i hear turbos too. mosty WRX's but i love the sound they make, and the theory behind them. i would love to have one...

Old 10-27-2009, 05:05 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Oct 27 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>same here!

great story! yeah i wish that was always the case. that's really awesome. i go apesh*t when i hear turbos too. mosty WRX's but i love the sound they make, and the theory behind them. i would love to have one...</div>

I cant wait to check out their shop.

speedstar.com is the domain they run. VERY nice impressive work.

Also gonna invite him to the track next time i see him and set something up, take some pics of both cars and some vids. maybe a few head to heads

He hasnt taken his car to the track yet. but had it dynoed.

236whp/270ftlbs

very very nice for a 1.7L sohc.
only poo thing i remember him telling me is he hits full boost at 4700rpm. but then again. it is a honda/acura motor.. im sure it revs freely till at least 7500-8K range before factory ecu bounces him back.