Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

winter tires final choice Questions

Old 01-07-2005, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: I just dropped $100 on...

What I would do, is if you have access to the tools, swap out the tires whenever there is no chance of snow. Since you got the WS-50s, if you drive them on dry traction they are going to go through tread sooo fast. If you left them on for the entire winter, they'd be bald by the end.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:09 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: New Decal Design Contest...

very good decision

those tires are the balls. i got an S rated generic ("Winterforce") version of those and they are awesome... (firestone makes the winterforce.... firestone owns bridgestone. it's all the same).

good choice and glad we could help w/ that decision
Old 01-08-2005, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Ugliest Tibs around

^^ This is primarily my wifes car and she is still in college so it doesn't get driven that far in the winter months. She is a good driver, but i have started to put a lot of time into the car and just wanted decent winter tires. The way i look at it, it's cheaper to get new tires then to replace the front end of the car after she rear ends someone. I drive a Jeep zj most of the time.