Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Wheel choice advice...

Old 09-24-2004, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Front Stut Bar/SP Wires...Recomendations??

Ehh, if they had the 3rd one in 16's, I'd say those.

Give us some weights on them mang.

Also, give us an option for the Poll of NONE.

BTW, 17's suck.

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
unfortunatly, that five spoker has the spokes coming down to the tire bead

Doode, it's TIRE.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:07 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe
Default Re: New GB for RotorPros! Pads, Brake Lines, Rotors!

I don't have too many pics of my car (it's stock!) but here are a few that'll at least show the colour of it... I'm pretty sure the colour is "Lima Blue"... A dark blue mica paint that verges on purple sometimes depending on the lighting...kinda gay really! oops.gif :roll: lol.gif

(the bug guard was only 'cos my gf a I went driving up the coast for a weekend away... pesky bugs!)

I know they're pretty shitty pics... I'll try to take some more this weekend.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:32 PM

Default Re: ECU .. SAFC all the computer management for 01

QUOTE (JalemX)
QUOTE (CyberShark)
I would go with the 5 spoke (or star wheels) for two reasons. First of all, the 5spoke style has always been in style and will more than likely, always will. You can't go wrong with that. Secondly, it's a hell of alot easier to clean the wheels when you have less spokes.

I'd be more worried about weight/looks of the wheel than how hard it is to clean it... If a 10 spoke is lighter and NICER looking, but is slightly (2 min longer each wheel) harder to clean, i'd probably still go with it.

I don't remember a time when 10 spoke wheels were out of style. Don't seem like they're going to be... IMO

First of all, I was only making suggestions that some people don't think about when buying wheels.
Second, 5 spoke (star pattern) have been around a hell of alot longer then 10 or 7 spoke and withstood the test of time as they're common to this day. Look at the Stang's, they've been using the 5 star for 15yrs now. That outta tell you something. Also, I'm making suggestions to OZ and not you JalemX or to Tib97 :arrow: :roll: . BTW...My Volk SF Winnings are 16 spoke wink.gif
Old 09-29-2004, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Whats Your SPEED.....?

QUOTE (tibwrcsbj)
yeah OZ....upload some pics. then we could give you better advice.

Done... Now for the advice part... wink.gif
Old 11-03-2004, 11:50 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: voter incompetence in Ohio

I see the 7 spoke lookin best on there, go for the gunmetal instead of the chrome. Reason I went for the 7 is because like someone said before, they've been on the stangs forever, prob is thats seen as a muscle car not a import, and the 10s are a more all out custom look which you dont have YET. Also kinda detailed compared to the rest. <- my 2c - Late' wink.gif
Old 11-03-2004, 02:36 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Exhaust?

the second choice looks exactly like mine! i'd go for those if you want to keep the 5 spoke tradition. the 10 spoke are nice too. the 3rd choice just suck.

check 'em out on my car. they really don't look bad at all people! from the side, they make my car look a bit like a ferrari.
i will have better pics, of course, but here's one that is already uploaded.
...and yes, i have washed my car since that pic. i was going to get konig troubles... but then i realized EVERYONE had them on other cars and they look hideous from the side. i really wanted that 5-spoke ferrari look, and something anybody could see through to look at the calipers and decals. remember: with 10 spoke, or anything above 5, it will be harder to see painted calipers. i've got nothing but compliments, and jealous looks with these; not to mention, they're only 17LBS!
Old 11-03-2004, 06:29 PM

Default Re: RGB Flash!!! ****Epilectic Seizure Warning***

Cheers for the added input guys... I'd kinda given up on this thread! :? It's much appreciated! laugh.gif

1stGenTib, you're right about the lack of show. Although those pics are from when I first got the car, my current mods are still pretty scarce to say the least & mainly to do with improving the handling... i.e.: 20mm solid rear sway bar, lowering springs (shocks are stock & on the way out!!) & strut brace.
The only external "visual" mod (other than the drop in ride height) is prolly the XFORCE "Thunderball" cannon-type muffler (5.75" in diametre with 4" tip) which was, at the time, primarily for sound as it's only an axle-back type setup oops.gif (soon to be a mandrel-bent cat-back affair! 8) ).
I'm currently on the lookout for a shark wing & clean kit for my Tib... but I'm fairly happy with the way she looks as is, so I'm in no big hurry. The ten-spokers were my favorite, until...

...I saw HKC's thread about his new rotors a little while ago... Fvcken' sweeeeet!!! & the 5 spokers kick ass!! You've inspired me to go out & get some new rotors too & I think I'll go with the classic 5-spokers now.
It looks really tidy man. I'd like to see some side-on views of your car if you've got the pics?
Old 11-03-2004, 07:23 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650
Default Re: 2004 Election Party!!!

QUOTE (OzFxCoupe)
I'm pretty sure the colour is "Lima Blue"... A dark blue mica paint that verges on purple sometimes depending on the lighting...kinda gay really!

Hey that's the same colour as mine, and I don't think there's anything gay about it at all.
Anyhow, I'd go with the 5 spokers, and do the brakes up with some new rotors and painted calipers.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:24 PM

Default Angeleyez wire setup #2 help please!!

QUOTE (col96fx)
QUOTE (OzFxCoupe)
I'm pretty sure the colour is "Lima Blue"... A dark blue mica paint that verges on purple sometimes depending on the lighting...kinda gay really!

Hey that's the same colour as mine, and I don't think there's anything gay about it at all.
Anyhow, I'd go with the 5 spokers, and do the brakes up with some new rotors and painted calipers.

lol.gif Col, I was only taking the piss man! I'd never drive something that I thought looked gay... I look gay enough as it is already!! wink.gif

As for the calipers... I painted those just the other weekend! Bright red... Was in a bit of a rush though so they need another coat or two... Only had a couple of hours spare & had to jack up (with stock jack) & paint each corner separately!!
Old 11-04-2004, 03:07 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Re: Powder Coating ???'s

I'm liking the 7 spoke rims. I like the fake nuts on the edge of the rims.