Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Wheel choice advice...

Old 09-24-2004, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe
Default Re: Here's a lil thread yall can have fun with.....

Hey guys...

Soon I will need to get some nice wheels (17s) to replace my stockies & have so far narrowed it down to a few potentials...

1/ Nice shadow-chrome 10 spoker:

2/ Classic shadow-chrome 5 spoker (I've checked & 4 stud is available):

3/ Cool gunmetal 7 spoker (These look mean in the flesh!!):

These are a few that I'm considering but as always I am all ears & would love to get your input.

My current tyres a all near-new, so I'm not in an absolute rush (gotta wear these babies out first! :twisted: ) but I wanna decide soonish...

Cheers!
Old 09-24-2004, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Death to the GK's!!!!!!!!!!

I love those 10 spoke rims. my g/f has a set similar on her XD, hyperblack. They look just as good stitting still and spinning on the car.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:02 AM

Default Re: FS - everything is for sale

If you put a pic of your car up we could tell you by looking @ the car /color / everything which would go best. however, any tib looks great with 10spoke wheels.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Death to the GK's!!!!!!!!!!

yeah OZ....create a user gallery and upload some pics. then we could give you better advice.

Off the top though, I'd have to say either the 5 or 10 spoke, IMO most 7 spoke rims dont look that good on tibs. (No offense to those of you that have them) now the 9 spoke European and Canadian STOCK rims look good.....they'd be real hot if they were bigger.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:13 PM

Default Re: ECU .. SAFC all the computer management for 01

I definatly like the 10 spoke the best but I dont know about the whole chrome thing. Depending on your car color I would either go with the hyper black or the gunmetal. Just IMO
Old 09-24-2004, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Wheel choice advice...

I would go with the 5 spoke (or star wheels) for two reasons. First of all, the 5spoke style has always been in style and will more than likely, always will. You can't go wrong with that. Secondly, it's a hell of alot easier to clean the wheels when you have less spokes.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Re: New GB for RotorPros! Pads, Brake Lines, Rotors!

I say... no, no, and no, But thats my opinion and we all know what opinions are like... Check these out http://www.motegiracing.com/wheels/index.asp, I would go w/ the MR7's, they the sheezie on the tib. Hey thats just my input.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:18 PM

QUOTE (CyberShark)
I would go with the 5 spoke (or star wheels) for two reasons. First of all, the 5spoke style has always been in style and will more than likely, always will. You can't go wrong with that. Secondly, it's a hell of alot easier to clean the wheels when you have less spokes.

I'd be more worried about weight/looks of the wheel than how hard it is to clean it... If a 10 spoke is lighter and NICER looking, but is slightly (2 min longer each wheel) harder to clean, i'd probably still go with it.

I don't remember a time when 10 spoke wheels were out of style. Don't seem like they're going to be... IMO
Old 09-24-2004, 01:18 PM

Does anyone else think theres something wrong with having *Difficulty of Cleaning* as parameter for buying aftermarket wheels? :roll:

...just asking 8O
Old 09-24-2004, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Quality of Motegi rims???

I do not really care for any of the choices.. but if I had to choose between those three or none at all.. the seven spoke. I happen to like the "lip" that the seven spoke has the five and ten do not.

IMHO Ten spoke wheels are too busy and five are "just right" but unfortunatly, that five spoker has the spokes coming down to the tire bead