Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

What's with the black wheels trend?

Old 01-24-2018, 11:44 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8
Default What's with the black wheels trend?

I don't get the black wheels thing. To me they're ugly, and they look like normal wheels that have just been neglected and are dirty. Anybody else hate black wheels?
Old 01-24-2018, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I wouldn't call it a "trend". People have been buying black wheels since I first got into the scene back in the 80's. I like black wheels because they're the opposite of flashy. I dislike wild color and/or chrome. I especially like them on cars that have black trim. My Shelby CS8 was white with black stripes, blacked out taillights and blacked out windows. I had black wheels on it because the only two colors on the car were black and white.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:34 AM
The Man!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Gloss black wheels are not too bad. If you dont want something as dark, look into gunmetal colors. I personally like silver and in some cases, white.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:19 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Tib

I had matte black wheels on my car long time ago but put them up on Craigslist and bought a set of gunmetal gray ones. They look better, hide dirt and dont look like someone plasti dipped the wheels.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: